Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I hope you are doing well.

The motor that controls the tilt steering wheel is broken. The wheel will not go where you want it to go. My dealer sells the part for $217, but I can't find any installation instructions.

Can anyone point me to directions or a video?

Thanks,
Neil C.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Doing OK here , but would like to see you doing better with your steering column problem. & I hate to see posts unanswered, just me I guess? OK, we got formalities out of the way;). Did you try YouTube? There is a Certified Ford Tech on Y/T that posts a lot of "how to do" Ford maintenance instructions there. He goes by "MAKULOCO". Another one is "FORDMACT", other than the "Eric the car guy", Scotty Kilmer" etc.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doing OK here , but would like to see you doing better with your steering column problem. & I hate to see posts unanswered, just me I guess? OK, we got formalities out of the way;). Did you try YouTube? There is a Certified Ford Tech on Y/T that posts a lot of "how to do" Ford maintenance instructions there. He goes by "MAKULOCO". Another one is "FORDMACT", other than the "Eric the car guy", Scotty Kilmer" etc.
Thank you. I did try Youtube and didn't see anything. I didn't have the names you listed above so thank you I will try searching under those names. I can't believe I can't find any video or write up on this. :(

·
Registered
119 Posts
Maybe , just maybe , go to a public library & see if they have any repair manual info , like "Mitchels on line" accessible , or any other repair publications there, that can point you in the right direction, like Chiltons etc. repair info. What I have done , occasionally , when I needed out of the ordinary repair info , is went to a vehicle dealership, that sold the vehicle I needed info on, & asked a tech mechanic there if they ran into the problem I was having. Sometimes they let you look at their repair book or film. I did that when I had a serious tilt wheel steering column problem with my 88 Fiero. & again when my 98 Camaro with less than 30K miles on it, wouldn't start & the tech there told me that was a common problem on the Camaro/Firebirds of that vintage. He told me right, just replace the FP regulator. In many cases they gave me the right advice, that worked for me.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks taucor0315,

I did check with the Library and they are trying to get a Chilton or Haynes manual.

They also mentioned "all data" which is only available inside the library.

Thank you much!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did get a Chiltons from the library. It was for Taurus 2008-14. I have a 15. It didn't show the Steering wheel column motor.

Does anyone have access to the Ford repair manual? I really could use a copy of these repair pages.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Maybe a trip to the dealer now, they usually have info if you go to the parts counter & tell them you want to buy the motor & look at their exploded view of the column? Maybe they can print out the view of the column? I did that before with a steering column problem with a Pontiac. Next, if you know a good mechanic shop, maybe they can tell you on the how to do? Maybe see if a NAPA, AutoZone , Advance , or an O'Reilly's & see if they sell the motor & have some data on how to install? Last resort subscribe to All Data or Mitchell's online for the shortest term available.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts