21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'd find a different dealer.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Update:
The dealership called me last Monday (July 27th). They had my car for a week and had put a grand total of one hour into it and then parked it.
Monday's call was to inform me that the tech who began the work would be out until Wednesday. I decided to get my car and take it to a shop I knew and trusted. (If I had known the extended warranty wouldn't cover the repair, I'd have taken it there first)
That shop called me Friday to say they thought it was fixed but wanted more time to make sure it was fixed. I hope to get my car back tomorrow. (Monday)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Update:
The dealership called me last Monday (July 27th). They had my car for a week and had put a grand total of one hour into it and then parked it.
Monday's call was to inform me that the tech who began the work would be out until Wednesday. I decided to get my car and take it to a shop I knew and trusted. (If I had known the extended warranty wouldn't cover the repair, I'd have taken it there first)
That shop called me Friday to say they thought it was fixed but wanted more time to make sure it was fixed. I hope to get my car back tomorrow. (Monday)
Did they give you a hint as to what is the issue?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Did they give you a hint as to what is the issue?

He said there was a loose connection at the "Main Power Feed" and wanted to know if the problem started when the battery was replaced. It did not. The battery was replaced months ago. But if the guy at Advanced Auto Parts hadn't fully tightened it, it might take time for it to work loose.
I learned a long time ago that when something's not working right, to always look at the last thing that was touched.
If it turns out it was a loose connection, I'll be super embarrassed for not looking at it myself.
I'll find out tomorrow.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I still have my 04 GTP CompG. Replaced the motor myself with no power tools. Always wanted an SSEi though.

Boosted sedans for life.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts