Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Congrats Mwylan on being TCCA's 2015 Q4 Car of the Quarter winner!
:clap2:

Attached at the bottom of this message is a copy of your winners certificate.

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
Photo of 1991 Ford Taurus GL 3.0

Just wanted to say it was an honor to win the 2015 fourth quarter COTQ on this Taurus site. I must give special thanks to Jag1959, as I wasn’t even aware of the contest until Jag pointed me in the right direction. I need to pay more attention to other menus on the site.

Now for some history on the 1991 Ford Taurus or the “old Blue Bomber”. I received it from my Dad in 2008 and drove it from St.Louis to Northern Virginia. It had approximately 55K original miles on it and I currently have it up to around 97K. I drive it everyday. Even though it had such low mileage all those years my dad owned it, he still changed the oil around 3 times per year. Through the past several years I have posted and asked for advice on various issues….i.e. coolant loss, brakes, A/C, tire rods, and most of all “Engine Mount” failure. There are so many users here to thank for great advice, and I know I will leave out a few over the years, but a few of the main players would be Jag1959, ice445, Sousa, Jeff K, Bull Geek, LGBPoP and many more.

The effects of the busted engine mount up front made me aware of so many other issues that can sprout from a jolting and bouncing engine. As a former telecomm geek, I always fell back on “Define the problem and Gather the Facts”. I took it slow and easy and finally have the old Blue Bomber idling, cruising and running great again. The smartest thing I ever did was to find this Taurus Club site as it has helped me solve problems with the Gen 1 Taurus over the years.

Mwylan (Winner of 4th QTR COTQ 2015 and now have my 15 minutes of fame) ha ha.

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thanks to all of you for the nice comments and also to Sousa for printing a nice certificate. Will get it printed and send one to Pops.
This is one great Taurus Club I am proud to be a part of.

Mwylan

·
Registered
87 Posts
Congrats on COTQ...well deserved! Good luck on Car Of The Year! The 4 of us will compete - I won Q2 COTQ, I definitely have some stiff competition

1 - 8 of 8 Posts