Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
14,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OPEN NOW!

SUBMISSIONS NOW OPEN TO ANYONE WHOSE VEHICLE HAS NOT WON THIS YEAR!!!
Members who have multiple cars can enter them so long as they have not won this year.

Here we are everyone, the fourth and final quarter of the 2015 TCCA Car of the Quarter Submission thread! Anyone can submit as long as they fall in the rules for submission, you don't even have to have a super fancy decked out car though it will can help you have a leg up on the competition!

PLEASE SUBMISSIONS ON THIS THREAD ONLY!

PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE SUBMITTING!
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE NEW RULES!!

The rules are NOT the same as it was for the COTM! All submissions that do not meet the criteria WILL be removed, without notification, and your spot may be given to someone else, so make it complete the first time to guarantee your spot.

Only one post per entrant. You MUST post at the very least 5 GOOD quality pictures. At least one of those pictures must be of the interior. The car should be clean, unless dirty for the ambiance of the picture(winter months), and the photos should be of good quality. Old pictures are fine as long as they represent your car the way it currently sits. Please specify which photo you would like to be your voting photo. If not I will select which one I feel best suits your vehicle. I will not change photos once voting has begun!

Voting begins the 15th and ends at the end of the month! There are room for 5 entries only, first come first serve with a COMPLETE and acceptable submission! If all 5 are filled before the 15th, voting will start as soon as the slots are filled.

PLEASE, NO DISCUSSION HERE, ONLY SUBMISSIONS! Any other talk or banter will be deleted.

The winner will be promoted on the websites home page for a month!

The winner will also receive a 1 year FREE Premium Supporter subscription to the site! This means no advertisements, and a forum where only supporters may converse.

You will also be entered in the 2015 COTY contest. The winner of that will win a LIFETIME PLATINUM membership!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I would like to reintroduce you all to my 2002 Taurus SES- The Silver Bullet! Like every other Taurus Ive owned, this one has proven to be reliable as ever. With almost 187k miles, its been an excellent car, requiring nothing more than oil changes and a tune up. (Knock on wood!!) I definitely plan on buying a 5th gen Taurus (or maybe even a Five Hundred) as my next car. Thats how much I love them. This forum has definitely been a big help to me over the past few years and i really appreciate it. First picture will be my submission picture. Bonus points for the second Taurus in my last pic!

Attachments

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
This is not to take away from Matt's SES, just to create competition so we can have a winner (hopefully Matt, he deserves to win!) ! :D

This is "Sapphira" (as my sister calls it), my 2002 Taurus SEL Premium. It's totally the "family car", more than my mom's Grand Caravan. All 4 of us in the family drive it, my sister learned how to drive in it, and we've put 13,000 miles on it so far! We purchased it from the original owners in August 2014 and it's been the most reliable car we own despite it having the highest mileage!

3.0L Duratec 24V DOHC V6
AX4N Automatic Trans
Royal Blue Metallic Exterior
Midnight Black Cloth Interior
153,000 Miles

SEL Premium Pkg. - 3.0L 24V V6, EATC, Sunroof, Power Seat, Power Adjustable Pedals, Perimeter Alarm System, Autolamps, Driver's Door Keypad, Safety Pkg. (TCS & Side Airbags)
Luxury & Convienience Pkg. - Heated Side Mirrors, AutoDimming Rear View Mirror w/ Compass
Center Console W/ Console Shifter

Modifications:
- MACH Premium Audio System
- Woodgrain Pkg. - 5 Piece "Straight Grain" Wood Trim
- Body Color Rear Spoiler w/ LED 3rd Brake Light
- Centennial Edition Headlamps
- Premium Embossed "TAURUS" Carpeted Floor Mats
- Plasti-Dipped Front & Rear Spears
- Painted Silver Gauge Cluster Surround
- Theft Deterrent Valve Stem Caps
- Custom "TAURUS" Front & Rear License Plate Frames

Voting Picture:

Reactions: TaurusSEComfort

·
Registered
208 Posts
Here is my 1991 GL 4 Door Sedan all 100% original.
I have made no modifications to this Gen 1 Taurus. I drive it everyday and so it is a family car. My dad bought it original in 1991 and I acquired it from him in 2009.
It has not been “error free” on maintenance as I have posted for several years on the Taurus forum. Had to have replaced normal suspension type parts over the past few years but it is driving very well these days. As you can see the exterior is in magnificent shape. I would like to thank many people on this forum for all the sound advice I have received over the years.

1991 GL 4 Door Sedan
6-Passenger Mid-Size - 3.0L EFI V6 Engine
Automatic Overdrive Trans
97,426 Miles
Crystal Blue Front with Crystal Blue Cloth Interior

Attachments

·
Registered
879 Posts
Here is my 2013 Ford Taurus SEL. I did enter it in the last COTQ but I have since made a few additions.

I purchased the car from a local dealership in January of 2015. In my approximate 11 months of ownership I have put approximately 22,000 miles on the car. I drive it a lot, and I have a tendency to drive it hard. This car has been more than reliable for me and has never let me down.

Modifications/changes from stock:
Police Interceptor grille
Go Rhino push bar
20" SHO performance package rims with Pirelli Scorpion snow & ice tires
(2) Shok Triton 15" subwoofers
American Bass PH1600.1D amplifier
NVX line-out converter to facilitate factory integration
Sky High Car Audio 1/0 and 4ga CCA wiring
VTE Warehouse fuseblocks and power distribution components
Anthracite Grey pastidipped fender accents and trunk lid accent

Voting picture:

Sibling rivalry:

Throwback to the day I bought the car:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here is my 2005 Murcury Montego, affectionately called the tego. When I got it, it was just another car. Nothing fancy, just wheels for work. Then I started doing little things, and now I have big plans for her. It is only FWD with the 6 speed. I've put about 10k of pretty hard miles on her, and all she's done is eat a fuel pump haha. She has 153k and runs like a top.
Mods:
20% tint on front windows, 5% on the back with a 5% brow
Plastidipped an evo style front end
Plastidipped the stock rims black
Avs wind deflectors
Planet audio touch screen HU
2 12" subs (cheap and no pics)
Stickers everywhere
Led fogs and tag lights

Third pic for voting pic please

Attachments

·
Administrator
14,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's 5. Look for the voting thread soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.