Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows it going community! Ok so I recently crashed my 2015 ford taurus and motor is fine but the headlights, bumpers and grill are all gone. I'm asking all the mechanics and pros now. What should I do ? These are some of the ideas I have.
1) Scrap the car for $1,000.
2) My father's friend has a dealer license and I can maybe bid on a taurus that has the back or side crashed in so I can replace my cars full front with the working front from the car I win in auction.
3) Bid on auction for a newer Ford taurus like a 2018 that has the back smashed out so I can replace my good back of my original ford taurus(that has front smashed in) and that way I have a newer ford taurus! 馃榾
4) Live in my car for a month because I feel so bad I hurt her and scrap her out shortly after 馃槶

So what is your opinion on what I should do ? P.s I have no money right now so I have to save up and some facts about car the steering is bad on the car the airbags never deployed I'm pretty sure it was crashed before I bought her and the engine was blown before and I spent $2,000 on that then another $2,000 on another crash and I bought her for $10,000 and maybe another $2,000 fixing stuff wrong with her that I was unaware about when I bought her because she was lowki in an accident but it was never reported so ny car isn't a rebuilt title. So I'm $16,000 dollars into my 2015 ford taurus limited 馃槗.

WHAT SHOULD I DO!

Wich other ford taurus have interchangeable pieces from what year to what year and what trims ? Would love to buy a for taurus sho and swap like the engines or maybe swap pieces and keep the sho I buy from auction. THANKS EVERYONE

I included my car as is and a car I kinda really want maybe I can switch my pieces onto the new one if that's possible?

Attachments

Registered
So since you have so much money tied up in it already you gotta consider if you've gotten your money's worth yet, if you should invest more to get more time or if you should cut your losses now and go with something else. I can tell you I personally am scraping my car next time the engine goes out (water pump leak that always happens) I take great care of my stuff and I've already had to do a motor swap before 130k on my 2013. Ridiculous, my old Ranger had over 250k and my new one has 160k with no issues or major engine problems. If you can put a newer lower mileage engine that you know has been taken care of in it then yeah go for it, expect it to go up to 120k without major issues.

The SHO model has that ecoboost engine which I have no personal experience with so I won't speak on it. I would imagine all body parts from the SHO would swap over no problem as the car is the same besides some cosmetic and engine stuff, maybe some of the suspension is different but I'm not sure, you can always cross reference parts on Rockauto.

Anyways just some of my 2 cents sorry I couldn't give you a definite answer on the swap. Good luck on whatever you decide, these cars are beautiful just sucks that the motor in them is what me and my buddy called a "throwaway" motor. (3.5l V6)

Registered
Hows it going community! Ok so I recently crashed my 2015 ford taurus and motor is fine but the headlights, bumpers and grill are all gone. I'm asking all the mechanics and pros now. What should I do ? These are some of the ideas I have.
2) My father's friend has a dealer license and I can maybe bid on a taurus that has the back or side crashed in so I can replace my cars full front with the working front from the car I win in auction.
3) Bid on auction for a newer Ford taurus like a 2018 that has the back smashed out so I can replace my good back of my original ford taurus(that has front smashed in) and that way I have a newer ford taurus! 馃榾
4) Live in my car for a month because I feel so bad I hurt her and scrap her out shortly after 馃槶

So what is your opinion on what I should do ? P.s I have no money right now so I have to save up and some facts about car the steering is bad on the car the airbags never deployed I'm pretty sure it was crashed before I bought her and the engine was blown before and I spent $2,000 on that then another $2,000 on another crash and I bought her for $10,000 and maybe another $2,000 fixing stuff wrong with her that I was unaware about when I bought her because she was lowki in an accident but it was never reported so ny car isn't a rebuilt title. So I'm $16,000 dollars into my 2015 ford taurus limited 馃槗.

WHAT SHOULD I DO!

Wich other ford taurus have interchangeable pieces from what year to what year and what trims ? Would love to buy a for taurus sho and swap like the engines or maybe swap pieces and keep the sho I buy from auction. THANKS EVERYONE

I included my car as is and a car I kinda really want maybe I can switch my pieces onto the new one if that's possible?
I also live in the Springs. Sorry about your loss. I have had about 6 of the Gen 4 Taurii, but not that new. As you might expect, the decision of what to do depends on you. If the damage can be repaired/replaced, then you are in luck. IF the frame is bent, then you are looking at having a company like Black and White look at a straightening rack. The engine should be worth more than $1 K. I guess it depends on how much you can spend and how much it is worth as it sits. If you would like me to come over and take a look at it, you can call me at 216-8639 and then text me your address and I would be willing to come take a look at it. Your call.

Registered

WHAT SHOULD I DO!

...hi I have a 2014 Taurus police interceptor...3.7 non turbo runs great last 3 years..well maintained...I will sell you it for $3200. I am in Canada, 120 miles north east of Detroit...in London Ontario. Water npump was replaced, electric power steering rack replaced...you can have the old one The car needs a head light switch..(lights work intermietedly)..air needs recharge,....tires good, body great, motor great tyranny great, brakes good. ...no rust,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts