Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

41 - 60 of 128 Posts

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Great! I am excited to see a big turnout. With the 30+ Bulls and the many Fusions that will be there, we are going to have a huge group. This is going to be fun.

Anyone else going to be going? On the fence?

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
Fence. This is the year I take the bar, so if I do, I'll only do an overnight at best. We'll see though. I'll keep thinking about it...

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
But... but you have to be there!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Still on the fence, but leaning towards going. Won't know better until around April.

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
YOU TOO! You have to go!

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Well I didn't expect you would.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I still need to wait for official schedule distribution but I put in my vacation request and looks very good. I will advise when schedule officially distributed.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I am in.........Vacation awarded and Hotel Booked. If you are on the fence I recommend getting a refundable hotel reservation to lock in the rates and reserve a room.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I did this last year so I might as well go again

Distances from Carlisle Fairgrounds......Approximate rounded off to nearest 10 miles,

This is a reference only your actual mileage may vary. I put in 500 mile max based on a 65MPH/8 hour driving day... Reference cities are North/South and East/West and mostly Highway.

Downtown Carlisle 5
Carlisle Area
Mechanicsburg 20
Harrisburg 30
Chambersburg 40
Gettysburg 50

These major cities are within XXX miles.

Baltimore, MD
Frederick, MD
Hagerstown MD
Lancaster, PA
Winchester, VA

200 miles

Fredericksburg, VA

Philadelphia, PA
Pittsburgh, PA
New York City, NY
Washington, DC

300 MI

Lynchburg, VA
Richmond, VA
Roanoake, VA
Rochester, NY
Syracuse, NY

500 MI

Albany, NY
Boston, MA
Charlotte, NC
Cleveland, OH
Columbus. OH
Detroit, MI
Portsmouth, NH
Toronto, ON

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm planning to go next year for sure again. Me n the wife had so much fun being our first year their, that we really want to go again. Hopefully with newer goods like powder coated wheels, no more plasti-dip. Also hopefully this time we will stay the weekend and not just a day.

·
Registered
835 Posts
For those of you concerned about the spouses and children not having anything to do, Carlisle Events has your back.....They have a designated Womans Oasis Tent. This has spas, mani/pedi, craft exhibits, cooking demos, etc. They have a childrens area with face painting, a bounce house, etc. If your so inclined you can also bring in a "Support Vehicle" for off field parking. Most home owners in the immediate area of the fair grounds pimp their lawns and driveways out for the weekend of the shows. Usually pretty reasonable prices $5-10 but first come first serve.

Might I also recommend the parade sign up but get that quick I believe the limit is 400 vehicles and allows you the legal privilige of parking in the middle of the street for a few hours.

41 - 60 of 128 Posts