Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Last year was a blast, I will be coming for sure. Each year we keep getting bigger. So here is to 2015 being even bigger. For those of you on the fence or thinking you will not have fun, come on out meet us all. I have been in the car scene for years, this group is by far friendly and extemely helpful. I mention to few people last year, that I can gladly have some people crash at my place. I live in Dover, Pa which is 40 minutes away. So just let me know.

Also on side note, what does everyone think about starting up facebook page for all of us. That way it is little easy for some people to stay in contact and update on things happening or people needing help...just idea. I can gladly start it up and maintain it.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
I couldn't believe how much fun Carlisle was last year. It was my first and I'm kicking myself for not having gone sooner, not only were the Taurus/Sable people a fun and friendly group to hang with, but there is so much eye candy in the form of all the Ford cars you can't help but have a blast.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I'm a definite maybe at this point. If work, etc cooperate, I'll be there.

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts
I'm 100% there, no doubt. (Also trying to bring Sam but you didn't hear that from me!)

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Bumping this! Happy November. Another month closer to Carlisle.

There is a lot up for discussion this year... especially considering that we are going to try to get a bunch of the Fusion people to join us as well. This puts the name we register under up for consideration, as well as the Tshirts. We can also have the TCCA and Fusion Nation both register separately, but share a tent, and combine T-shirts. Thoughts are welcome. I will be contacting Carlisle staff.

I cannot wait until this event... shame it goes by so fast!! From my understanding, many of us will be staying the whole time from Thursday until Sunday. Not required to stay the whole weekend obviously, but adding that extra day makes it more worthwhile for those who have a considerably long drive. At least 50 cars associated with this group is the goal this year... and that is not limited to just bulls and fusions. All Fords...

For those who are ready to commit, or are looking for more information, please send me a personal message. I will begin collecting information and getting this organized as soon as possible. The earlier the better.

I am thinking $25 fee from everyone this year for materials (raffles, signage, certificates, etc.) and that would also cover Tshirts.

Yep... that is a lot of info. Any questions or comments? Post here, or PM me!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I plan on attending this event, last year was awesome. Its all just a matter of if my friend is coming with his vic or not. :D

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
BUMP. Please consider coming to this event!!

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Oh, good! Glad to see you are considering! Please do everything you can to make it this year!

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
I'm hoping to make it this year(which I would put at a 70/30 yes/no split). All depends on babysitters, and work......

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I can't stress enough that the whole idea of planning now is to make sure all little issues that would get in the way can be avoided. I want a HUGE turnout. It is a great event and you do not want to miss out!! Trust me... it is so worth it! :)

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts
Everyone should really go. 110% worth the time and money. Depending on how many people register with Tauruses and Fusions, they may have to give us a bigger field this year. I'm sure they were surprised with the turnout last year.

·
Midwest Chapter Mod
1,152 Posts
I'm reviewing 2015 vacation time off request(s) now, in relation to what I need to set aside for family vacation time as well.

I mentioned to the Wife & Kids and they were indifferent on attending this event with me.

I'll keep the thread posted accordingly as plans are finalized.

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Great to hear. Had hoped you would chime in.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
Mike, if you can make it this year, I will stay at the same motel/hotel that you book and stay down the entire week-end....unless I would have to come home to take care of the new adopted Dalmatian, but he will probably be at our cabin with the wife...he loves being in the mountain.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Just got off phone with Events office. Still not 100 percent on time off but fairly confident. Confident enough to register at the holiday pricing $44. If even on the fence register now to get the discount I believe you can cancel for full refund up until around three-four weeks out.

21 - 40 of 128 Posts