• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Entrants: You MUST vote! Please vote for a car other than your own.

It's time to vote for the Third Quarter of 2015 everyone!

VOTE INFORMED!
VOTE SMART!
Matt_aka_Dale:
Josh:
Jxshx3:
Jrdnhsnbrg:
Triton227:

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
Josh gets the primary nod from me because of how far he has brought that car from some very challenging moments. The 89L is my second favorite--anyone who drives a 26 year old car, keeps it looking that well, and isn't afraid to take it long distances deserves a secondary nod. That said, all are good.

Special mention to Matt/Dale for that new presence on that vehicle--damn, those wheels look GOOD!

Did someone say fierce?

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Love the wheels on Matt's car.

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,751 Posts
If I was to be locked out by another entrant, I am glad it was by another Gen 1! I love the steelies and hubcaps. I am aware that some Bulls left the factory without power windows and power locks, but this is the first one I actually have ever "SEEN." Interesting.

Guess how I'm voting. :)

(I'm in for December!);)

·
Administrator
14,929 Posts
Some fine looking Bulls here. God knows I love me some Gen 3 SHO, we have 2, but there just aren't all that many clean Gen 1 DD's out there. Have to show respect to the one that started it all.

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Barney is now has welded camshafts! All the more reason to vote for me ;) :lol2:

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,751 Posts
Triton's Gen 1

I looked at this car some more, and it reminded me of some of the things I've done with my Taurus. For example...four months after buying our house in south Fort Myers in 2001, the wife decided we needed bouganvilleas rather than the crappy deep-rooted shrubs planted all around the house. One trip to Harbor Freight, three 15' tow straps, and 24 hours later - all of those crappy shrubs were gone, including a particularly vile old monstera which took almost five minutes to remove. Everything else was gone within five hours. Three new neighbors gathered 'round to tell me how that old car couldn't possibly get the job done.

I charged each of them $400 for pulling all of THEIR old shrubs and they were happy to pay it, after watching the old beast in action that day.

What else? - moving my son and new daughter-in-law into their first house in 2002, 400 miles away, including all the furniture....the Taurus swallowed their sofa and loveseat whole, one trip at a time, with an appliance on the roof as well. I smile at Chart's pics of hauling stuff. BTDT. It took two trips, but their washer and dryer went over on the roof rack - thank God for the old US highways where you can drive a bit more slowly. Moved my little girl and her husband into their new home in 2004, same way, locally. Listened to that smartass son-in-law tell me how my car wasn't as good as his Jeep. Helped that ignoramus fix his Jeep several times before my little girl divorced him in 2009 (made him ride in the Taurus every time we went for parts for his Jeep :) ).

I understand the newer models have more gadgets and what-not, but the originals have character. They also seem to last longer.:)

One thing from his car I'd love to have is that massive set of pedals for the throttle and brake. Those are serious.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Lgbpop said:
I understand the newer models have more gadgets and what-not, but the originals have character.
Yeah, I'm a gen 4 guy, and love the newer wheels on Matt/Dale's Bull, but gotta give props to the OG!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Triton's Gen 1

I looked at this car some more, and it reminded me of some of the things I've done with my Taurus. For example...four months after buying our house in south Fort Myers in 2001, the wife decided we needed bouganvilleas rather than the crappy deep-rooted shrubs planted all around the house. One trip to Harbor Freight, three 15' tow straps, and 24 hours later - all of those crappy shrubs were gone, including a particularly vile old monstera which took almost five minutes to remove. Everything else was gone within five hours. Three new neighbors gathered 'round to tell me how that old car couldn't possibly get the job done.

I charged each of them $400 for pulling all of THEIR old shrubs and they were happy to pay it, after watching the old beast in action that day.

What else? - moving my son and new daughter-in-law into their first house in 2002, 400 miles away, including all the furniture....the Taurus swallowed their sofa and loveseat whole, one trip at a time, with an appliance on the roof as well. I smile at Chart's pics of hauling stuff. BTDT. It took two trips, but their washer and dryer went over on the roof rack - thank God for the old US highways where you can drive a bit more slowly. Moved my little girl and her husband into their new home in 2004, same way, locally. Listened to that smartass son-in-law tell me how my car wasn't as good as his Jeep. Helped that ignoramus fix his Jeep several times before my little girl divorced him in 2009 (made him ride in the Taurus every time we went for parts for his Jeep :) ).

I understand the newer models have more gadgets and what-not, but the originals have character. They also seem to last longer.:)

One thing from his car I'd love to have is that massive set of pedals for the throttle and brake. Those are serious.

Haha yeah I love the huge pedals too! this is my go to vehicle for hunting and fishing trips and just exploring the back country so I always have heavy boots on and with those pedals it's like driving a truck.

With the addition of a big tranny cooler it tows pretty good and I haul a trailer with dirt bikes all the time.

I also forgot to mention that it has a sable front bumper on it because the original met it's demise in a parking garage lol

Attachments

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Wow that Gen 1 is amazing! It's sad here in SoCal to see all the gen 1 and 2 cars disappearing. My own Bull hit 20 this month (years, not MPH), and it's big deal to me that this Gen 1 is still in such good condition 26 years down the line. That gets my vote right away. Thanks for entering!

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,004 Posts
The Gen 1's bumpers look almost new; you never see that.

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,751 Posts
Sure don't. Are they the originals? I've had to replace both of mine - and finding a Gen1 wagon bumper in one piece is near impossible now. (Thanks, Nick and Jeff!) Yours are perfect.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sure don't. Are they the originals? I've had to replace both of mine - and finding a Gen1 wagon bumper in one piece is near impossible now. (Thanks, Nice and Jeff!) Yours are perfect.
The rear is original, I replaced the front with a sable bumper because that's all I could find lol

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
While everyone has some damn fine cars, I have to go with Josh's SHO. There's just something about that car...... even being purple. Plus..... he did have the most complete submission ;)

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Thank you John!

It's tied up now! XD

·
Registered
87 Posts
The Gen-3 is one of the best looking cars Ford has built...I'm a little partial because that's what I own, but Josh's SHO looks great! I don't think I've ever seen that color before. Good luck to the nominees

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.