Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HI All,

I just put new brakes and new brake hoses on all 4 corners of my 2014 Ford Taurus Limited with 90k. However, my right rear brake line fitting got messed up. How difficult is it to replace the rear main brake lines?

I have actually already bought the rear brake lines from Ford. Catalog: TAURUS CPH 2010 Section: 206-06/17 REAR BRAKE LINES (FROM 06/15/2009) part number 9J279 Attachment below -

It looks like there are gas lines included as part of the assembly and the brake lines run from the master cylinder to the back brake hoses. So I am wondering what is involved in the replacement, I hope I don't have to drop the gas tank?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
Looks like you damaged the main line?

Normally, what i would do is just cut out a small 3-4" section, and flare my own line and install it. However, if you don't have a good flaring tool which can be quite expensive, i wouldn't attempt it.

Still though, rather than replace the entire main line and spend hours dropping things out of the way, id take it to a mechanic and just have them flare in a new line just in the damaged section

1 - 2 of 2 Posts