Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I drove my 2000 Taurus for 17 years. Greatest car ever. Last spring, I bought a 2013 Limited. I loved it. I got rear-ended this fall in November, and the car was totaled. On December 3rd, I bought a 2014 SHO. I've wanted one most of my adult life. I always thought white was pretty - and, that's what I got.

Great car. Handles amazing.

However, I'm noticing that my cooling fan kicks on quite a bit. I mean, this car sounds like a B-17. I've hit the remote start and it kick on after the car has sat a couple hours. It doesn't run when you turn the car off - it just seems abnormal. And, it's LOUD. My temperature gauge is fine. Water pump scares the hell out of me on these cars. No sign of any weep hole leakage, and my coolant level is perfect.

Any thoughts? Do SHO's have different cooling possibly? I wouldn't think so...

I like the car. However, it looks like a police car. I wish I could feel better about it. I had a red limited and that car was beautiful. The SHO has 93,000 miles on it - and, if I trade it, I need to do it soon. The fuel economy is a good bit less.

Any ideas on making it a bit less "Po-Po" ???

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
So, I drove my 2000 Taurus for 17 years. Greatest car ever. Last spring, I bought a 2013 Limited. I loved it. I got rear-ended this fall in November, and the car was totaled. On December 3rd, I bought a 2014 SHO. I've wanted one most of my adult life. I always thought white was pretty - and, that's what I got.

Great car. Handles amazing.

However, I'm noticing that my cooling fan kicks on quite a bit. I mean, this car sounds like a B-17. I've hit the remote start and it kick on after the car has sat a couple hours. It doesn't run when you turn the car off - it just seems abnormal. And, it's LOUD. My temperature gauge is fine. Water pump scares the hell out of me on these cars. No sign of any weep hole leakage, and my coolant level is perfect.

Any thoughts? Do SHO's have different cooling possibly? I wouldn't think so...

I like the car. However, it looks like a police car. I wish I could feel better about it. I had a red limited and that car was beautiful. The SHO has 93,000 miles on it - and, if I trade it, I need to do it soon. The fuel economy is a good bit less.

Any ideas on making it a bit less "Po-Po" ???

Thanks!
I have a 2018 SHO that I bought last year. I also noticed the fan kicking on pretty much as soon as I would do the remote start. I think that is because the defrost is automatically turned on when using remote start. I also notice the fan running after I shut the car off for maybe 20 seconds. Mine is a dark grey color so it kind of resembles the state troopers up here in CT. I don't mind when driving on the highway :D. It can be kind of frustrating on the back roads though when people slow down thinking your a cop. For people that have owned these Ford Taurus's I think picking out a cop car from a civilian car is pretty easy but I can see how someone with an untrained eye could think otherwise. You could always try to vinyl wrap a part of the car like the hood or something to make it more unique and not like a cop car. The wheels, no light bars, and chrome trim are a dead giveaway for me when spotting a SHO rather than a police interceptor. Either way good luck with the car! I love mine and think the fan issue you mentioned isn't really an issue at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
mclark8781
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing