Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 police interceptor sedan 3.7L
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to the forum. I have a 2014 police interceptor v6 3.7L. Its misfiring intermittenly at highway speeds (above 60). Its not shaking terribly but I do notice a reduction in power.

Misfires only under load, I can't get it to misfire when revving at a stop. Cylinder 2 and 6 are misfiring throwing cel P0300, P0302, P0306.

I changed the plugs, I switched around the coil packs, visually looked over the wiring. erased the codes and same codes came up again. Wondering what you guys think...

·
Registered
2014 police interceptor sedan 3.7L
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
First thing I had done, I took it into a shop. There was another code POA5B that my scanner didn't show for the 'current generator sensor.' They said they found it broken in pieces and replaced it hoping it will also fix the misfire. I'm not sure if the code went off.

It was in an accident sometime under police ownership from 2014-2018. Minor frontal collision on passenger side. I don't know if thats what caused the broken sensor and if theres more yet to be fixed. I'm the third owner, just got it 3 weeks ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts