Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

41 - 60 of 477 Posts

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Definitely want to keep the attention going on this. Will dedicate a thread as things get closer... so for those interested... does anyone have ideas to cut costs? For example, sharing hotel rooms. May be crowded, but costs would be cut by however many people are crammed into a room. Additionally, I will have to see if car clubs get any sort of discounted rate or anything.

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
Definitely want to keep the attention going on this. Will dedicate a thread as things get closer... so for those interested... does anyone have ideas to cut costs? For example, sharing hotel rooms. May be crowded, but costs would be cut by however many people are crammed into a room. Additionally, I will have to see if car clubs get any sort of discounted rate or anything.
Don't room with paul. He tried to get in my bed and cuddle last year. Not cool man, not cool.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
I'm under the impression that we are all registering under the Liberty SHO Club name, that includes the TCCA and the Ecoboost Performance Forum members that are attending. That way we can meet the requirements easier and get a tent at no cost..

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Very good idea! I like that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was at the 2013 with my SHO, was new to the crowd. It was a great event, I can not wait till 2014 event. I am for sure going. I love the idea of combing under one club name and getting a tent. I totally down for all the ideas. Please keep me and everyone updated:D. I new to SHO world, Ford word and this site.

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Sounds good. I probably saw your car!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was the red SHO that took first place. I am down to cut cost on tent and possible hotel rooms. Maybe we all can do dinner one night during the weekend.

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Going to be looking into this. Are there people who would like to come to this, but are opposed to the costs such as the fee to be placed on the showfield. It doesn't necessarily mean we are being judged, but it is a great way to get all the cars in one spot and in on the field with all the other cars.

I also like the dinner idea. Maybe Saturday night.

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,401 Posts
I would really like to attend, I'm going to Australia in late may to bring my vehicle (1997 Taurus Ghia) back, but it might not be here in time for the show. It takes about 3 to 4 weeks to ship from Australia. Just curious what category would it fall into? If it gets here in time..count me in!!!

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
But if you plan for this, then it is doable. This is a worldwide event! It will be a whole weekend, and you know you'll be bummed if you don't come!!

·
Midwest Chapter Mod
1,152 Posts
**Update 12/03/13**

My attendance is CONFIRMED.

I will be trailering my SHO to this event from my home base in the S/W Suburb's of Chicago. Looks to be an approximate 10hr drive.

I've booked a hotel in Mechanicsburg, PA. which is approximately 20min away from the show grounds / fields.

I will pre-register in January, after the Holidays (and their related expenses) come to pass.

So I'm get'n kind of excited now, even though this event is 6mo.'s out as of now.

Now that my upgraded turbo's have been installed, and my custom hard pipes are due to ship out this week, I'm hoping to get out to Livernois Motorsports sometime in January (2014) for a newly revised dyno tune.

Aiming for low to mid 500's at the wheels.

The staff over at LMS and I have discussed other upgrades (which I won't go into great details.... yet) but suffice to say, those will come as mod money allows.

In the interim, anyone looking for my most recently compiled mod list (as of Oct. 2013) feel free to check out the lengthy list here:

Sponsored and Business Affiliates - H&K Media, LLC

I hope to see others taking the time out to plan for this MAJOR, NATIONWIDE, FORD SPONSORED, event....

It'd be nice to meet up, spend some time together, etc. etc not to mention having a relatively decent turn out of Taurus' & SHO's alike (from all model years).

Mike :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts

·
Administrator
15,074 Posts
I would like to pull this off. Don't know about convincing the bride to do it with the wagon. I could probably convince her if we came down on the Wing though, or brought it down with the truck and did some riding while down there.

·
Midwest Chapter Mod
1,152 Posts
I would like to pull this off. Don't know about convincing the bride to do it with the wagon. I could probably convince her if we came down on the Wing though, or brought it down with the truck and did some riding while down there.

Yup. Takes lots of pre-planning, which is why I jumped on it as soon as I could.

My employer requests following year's vacation request(s) by December 15th (of the preceding year).

As such, I had to coordinate with my better half, and our family vacation, in order to "block out" some time for this event.

I offered for the family to tag along, but they had zero interest.

Which is understandable, I mean after all, I think sometimes that I am the only goof ball who holds a car / modding addiction.

Which is why I surround myself with like minded goof balls here on this forum, and a few others. Nothing like being surrounded with fellow enablers. Ha Ha.

As well as by attending various events throughout the country with my SHO.

Should've seen the look on the Wife's face when I told her she was borrowing one of my Mother's vehicles, so that I can in turn use her SUV to trailer my SHO to this event.

Ha! It was priceless. I should've filmed it now that I think about it. Oh well.

Wife was like "Unreal, you can drive your own god damn car, to this, and blah blah blah".

But I needed an extra vehicle to drive around myself, once I placed/positioned my SHO at/on the events grounds for the weekend.

So yes, all you fence sitters out there, jump on down and start taking the time to plan for this event.

Oughta be a blast!

Glad to see a few others jumping into the foray in the interim.

·
Administrator
15,074 Posts
One of the benefits of having all boys, I only have to talk one household member into indulging in some testosterone inspired adventure B) Unfortunately she is also the only one that can stop it in it's tracks with nothing more than a look :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
One of the benefits of having all boys, I only have to talk one household member into indulging in some testosterone inspired adventure B) Unfortunately she is also the only one that can stop it in it's tracks with nothing more than a look :eek:
My girl friend actually wants to come this year. I'm actually surprised but also it'll be an experience haha

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

41 - 60 of 477 Posts