Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

461 - 477 of 477 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
Paul, you did a great job pulling this all together....only thing that would be an improvement is having a TCCA/Carlisle T-shirt, for all the folks that make the event. It would be awesome...and we have a place that does shirts for a reasonable price...if we can come up with a design, we could pull it off.

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #462
Thanks! Well worth it.

And yeah I can do that! Next year is going to be awesome. Counting down the days... haha

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts
We can definitely make that happen. And next year I plan on getting there much earlier on Friday.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #464
I was thinking Thursday next year!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Get your vacation requests in now ! LOL
Hat would be good...

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
If anyone is interested, there's a survey on the CarlisleEvents website. A chance to put in your $0.02 worth.

I saw where two Tauruses took 2nd and 3rd in the mid-size class. Lost out to a Mercury Monarch. Sad. :)

·
Owner of #RaceSable
2,399 Posts
For the survey, I put in that the there should be a bigger class area for our cars.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
I also put that since we had a good turnout that there should be more classes...not only for SHO's but also for other Taurus models and Sables.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
If anyone is interested, there's a survey on the CarlisleEvents website. A chance to put in your $0.02 worth.

I saw where two Tauruses took 2nd and 3rd in the mid-size class. Lost out to a Mercury Monarch. Sad. :)
But that Monarch was a pretty sweet car in great condition...and there aren't many of them any more.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
But that Monarch was a pretty sweet car in great condition...and there aren't many of them any more.
True. They are pretty rare. I had totally forgotten about them until I saw that. But, then again, early to mid-80s Ford/Mercury sedans were pretty forgettable.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
As were most American cars...I was driving RX-7's in those years...and they were great cars!

·
Registered
835 Posts
First step is getting ALL the Taurus/Sable together as one group then sub grouping from there, maybe 89-95 96-99 2000 and up. We could even add the 500/Montego to keep the Lineage and time line correct.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
As were most American cars...I was driving RX-7's in those years...and they were great cars!
I'd love to have the last year of the 1st generation of RX-7. The one with the 1.3L, fuel injected engine. But, they are getting hard to find and even harder to find parts for.

I could take one of the lesser ones and turn it into a dedicated autocrosser.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
First step is getting ALL the Taurus/Sable together as one group then sub grouping from there, maybe 89-95 96-99 2000 and up. We could even add the 500/Montego to keep the Lineage and time line correct.
I agree, having them all together would be great! Having 31 cars there this year was super cool. I think if we continue to have good attendence they will have to split us into more groups...after all they had 6 for Merkur...which was only around for a few years!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Yeah they give them 6 classes, and they have a hard time making couple more classes for the Taurus, come on please.
This event has been around for years, they know what they're doing. In years past there hasn't been 10 Taurus/Sable/SHOs. Last year was weak, the few years before were better with 40+ SHOs in what '08 or '09? I can't remember what year, I could look but eh whats the difference. But with the past couple years being so weak it's justified to give us such little space. Even when we've had a lot come out it's only needed two classes, modified SHOs and stock - there really hasn't been anything else that's shown up until this year. The Merkur folks usually always come strong and they do every year. I didn't walk thru their area this time so I can't speak to their strength this year, but years past they've always deserved their space.

If you truly like cars check out the Hershey AACA show in the fall. Much bigger than Carlisle with anything and everything, barn finds and conquors.

461 - 477 of 477 Posts