Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 477 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
^+1. Btw I'm looking forward to seeing your car in person. I love what you have done with your SHO.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
835 Posts
Daily Driver, I share your thought with keeping Taurus and Sable together for Carlisle 2014. I hope that members put in the survey the split of Taurus between SHO and regular Taurus to full size.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Daily Driver wrote:

"There was a 2013 SEL"

That was me.. I really hope for more participation next year...if we can get enough a tent cost can be split.

SHO forum, TCCA/TSOC/Taurus.net I think we can get enough people to get at least one tent maybe even two. Taurus/Sable/SHO can join on the field as one big group.

·
Registered
835 Posts
MJH: TSOC is Taurus Sable Owners club.

others don't forget Taurus.net we can probably add all of them. I will talk to the webmaster about using the forums name for a group.

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Oh well cool! I saw another member's car! I am assuming you didn't see mine though.

Yes, more participation.

Also posting this here from the other thread.
For your review and reference........I copied this from MY OWN post on the SHO FORUM for those thinking of attending 2014 Ford nationals here are some approximate mileage distance charts from Carlisle, PA.

Listed by Distance rounded to nearest 25 mile scale. Depending on your location the actual mileage might be a little more or less.

Frederick, MD 75MI
Washington, DC 125MI
Fredericksburg, VA 175MI
Pittsburgh, PA 200MI
Norfolk, VA 300MI
Buffalo, NY 325MI
Boston, MA 400MI
Portland, ME 500MI
Detroit, MI 500MI
Charlotte, NC 500MI
Indianapolis, IN 550MI
Chicago, IL 675MI
St, Louis, MO 800MI
Jacksonville, FL 825MI

·
Registered
835 Posts
I probably saw it but didn't recognize it by person. This was my first Ford event especially with the Taurus. I was there in 11 but that was my rookie mistake year of parking all alone in the field, they didn't even tell me about the full size then so I was all alone.

·
Registered
835 Posts
O.K For our west of the Mississippi Folks......Carlisle - Phoenix, AZ

2,227 mi, 34 hours

Option two.....Fly to Philadelphia, PA and rent a vehicle.....make sure it is a Ford...preferably Taurus.... PHX-PHL approximately 4-5 hours.....

Philadelphia, PA - Carlisle, PA 2 hours.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
We are trying to get some initial plans together to make the reservation as a club for the show...It looks like we are also considering getting a tent for the show, if we have enough people. I know it seems early, but time flies. Tent cost is $175.00 and we're not sure how to raise the money to cover the cost...but we would like to get enough people registered to make sure we have a club space for Taurus/Sables including SHO in the infield...I know how the weather can be here in central Pennsylvania, so having a tent would be very nice. Also we would like to keep all those who want to join us in the infield updated as the plans progress. Also any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I llike the idea. I believe the way it works it one person pays for the tent and everyone pays them. So it is up to our honesty and self policing to pay for the tent....$175 divided by 5 is $35 per person obviously the more the merrier and cheaper but that is a good baseline price.

I realize a bit soon but as it gets closer we can also designate people to bring items.......One person for grills, one for plates/napkins/flatware...one person for condiments....etc They sell bags of ice on the fairgrounds for $5.00 per bag.... walking distance from this years parking area but if it is a walk we can take a short vehicle trip over to the ice locker.

·
Administrator
14,353 Posts
I, obviously, can't commit to anything yet but it looks like it would be a neat "meet". The more people in the cheaper it is for everyone and it's a hell of an event to have it at.

Maybe we can make this a yearly NE meet...??

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I'm willing to go as long as I don't have anything planned (and as long as I still have the Taurus ;) ). I have a friend who also has a Taurus that might be interested in going as well.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
I just checked the dates and it looks like it will be June 7-9, 2014. Also I was under the misconception that next year was the 25th anniversary of the SHO, however the SHO was introduced in 85 as an 86 model, so the 25th anniversary occurred in 2011. Anyway, hopefully we will soon have a club name to register, and in order for us to get a club space we must all register under the EXACT same club name...since we are getting several clubs together I'm not sure what name to register under...however I would be OK with TCCA....

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,054 Posts
I just checked the dates and it looks like it will be June 7-9, 2014. Also I was under the misconception that next year was the 25th anniversary of the SHO, however the SHO was introduced in 85 as an 86 model, so the 25th anniversary occurred in 2011. Anyway, hopefully we will soon have a club name to register, and in order for us to get a club space we must all register under the EXACT same club name...since we are getting several clubs together I'm not sure what name to register under...however I would be OK with TCCA....
SHO wasn't until '89...next year will be the 25th anniversary.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
SHO wasn't until '89...next year will be the 25th anniversary.
You are correct, the first info I found was wrong. The Taurus was introduced as a 1986 but the SHO was an '89. So next year is the 25th anniversary...:oops:

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Would like to bring this up again. Really want it to be a good event and not a bust.

This could be our one huge meet for the year for all us northeasterners.. and those willing to drive out. I do not want to be the only non-sho Taurus there again. C'mon folks!

This is a great event!

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,401 Posts
I plan on going, if I can get my car here by then, if not next year for sure. It is some distance from here, might take a week or so to get it here after I get there in May 2014 to sign all the paperwork and stuff. It is sitting at a dealer right now, he is keeping it in storage for me 'til then.

1996 Ford Taurus DP Ghia

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I may come up from Canada!!!!
Don't you mean down? :p

Good news. As it gets closer, we will get into details. So is anyone DEFINITELY attending? Who is maybe? Just to get an idea.

21 - 40 of 477 Posts