Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive noticed that my washer fluid wont come out. I know my lines aint clogged just cant quite seem to find what the issue is. Any ideas?

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,057 Posts
Is there fluid in the reservoir?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Where is the pump located at?
I am not certain on that year, but most vehicles have it located on the bottom of the reservoir. 2013? I would MAKE the dealer deal with it!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am not certain on that year, but most vehicles have it located on the bottom of the reservoir. 2013? I would MAKE the dealer deal with it!
Dirty White Bull, unfortunately I only have powertrain warranty left on the car and I don't think that's covered under power train.

·
Registered
11 Posts
When you activate the control for the washer fluid pump, (push the button at the end of the turn lever) can you hear the pump running? Also, how have you become certain that your lines aren't plugged?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When you activate the control for the washer fluid pump, (push the button at the end of the turn lever) can you hear the pump running? Also, how have you become certain that your lines aren't plugged?
Amos, I can't not hear the pump run....as for the lines I was able to push fluid try the lines manually

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Isn't the Warranty 3 years bumper to bumper. And 5 years or 60'000 miles powertrain. Like my 07 GTCS?

·
Registered
29 Posts
well Ill try this thread before making my own and see if any has any answers.

I have a 2011 taurus SEL, the washer fluid will not come out. In the past ive had issues a few days at a time with it but i could always hear the pump running. Recently it quit working but I lost any pump sound as well. Im assuming i need a pump but before that Id like to check the fuse and see if theres an issue there.

Anyone know which fuse controls the pump? I cant imagine it controls much else considering i have no other issues.

Second, if the fuse is good(or maybe even if it is bad) I will replace the pump next. Any info out there about the installation for that. i believe its located at the bottom of the reservoir as I could get a glimpse of it when i pulled back the wheel well plastic.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had my washer fluid pump quit with less than 30k miles on the car.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi All,
My washer pump wasn't working all the time so I went out and bought a new one for $20.00. But then it was working again so i didn't replace it. I thought maybe it was freezing up. But last week it wasn't working again, so I replaced it. took 10 min to do it very easy job. I bought a Motocraft part but the newer one was about an 3/4 longer than the original but fit fine.
/quadcells

1 - 20 of 53 Posts