1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
It'd look better without the lower grille brightwork.

I have the same complaint about it as the current car: the belt line is too high. I'd rather have the Audi.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
The new Taurus is just too damn big, I wanna see the Ecoboost 4 in a Fusion!

·
Registered
198 Posts
i think it has to many damn electric things, true its nice but the sho is suppose to be like a mucsle car but with a little flash not a giant space ship. if i wanted a boat of a car i would buy a 71 chysler new yorker. i agree it should be down sized to a fusion sized car with all the power and conrol ford can sell and make a little on. i also think why the hell would ford try to copy a audi when they should come up with a car that blows the pans off the compition. thats my thoughts on it. i wouldnt mind the ecoboost in my 2nd gen though, that would kick ass.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
The new Taurus is just too damn big, I wanna see the Ecoboost 4 in a Fusion!

^^ This Makes sense to me, the taurus is fine with the current engine choices though I am a little dissapointed that Ford didn't just turn up the boost on the 3.5L to make some more power for the mini-redesign.

·
Banned
323 Posts
I think it has to many damn electric things. True its nice but the SHO is suppose to be like a muscle car but with a little flash not a giant space ship. if I wanted a boat of a car I would buy a '71 Chrysler New Yorker. I agree it should be down sized to a Fusion sized car with all the power and control Ford can sell and make a little on. I also think why the hell would Ford try to copy an Audi when they should come up with a car that blows the pants off the competition. Thats my thought on it. I wouldn't mind the EcoBoost in my 2nd gen though. That would kick ass.
The above quote should be read with the theme from "Deliverance" playing in the background.

The Taurus is now the full sized Ford. It is the flagship car for Ford and has to appeal to a wide range of ages.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I'm glad the 3.5L V6 is the base engine instead of the optional 4-banger.

As for the styling...the front looks a little Subaru-ish to me. I prefer the Five Hundred/Gen-5 styling to the newest design.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Myself ? I would take the turbo-charged 4 cyl over the 6 cyl, with a little programming you can make that 4 cyl SCREAM. It would surely trounce the N/A 3.5L 6cyl. I'm sure aftermarket tuners will make parts for the 4 cyl over the V6 as well.

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
Myself ? I would take the turbo-charged 4 cyl over the 6 cyl, with a little programming you can make that 4 cyl SCREAM. It would surely trounce the N/A 3.5L 6cyl. I'm sure aftermarket tuners will make parts for the 4 cyl over the V6 as well.
If I wanted a blown engine, I'd take the V6 over the 4-Banger. But I really don't like anything less than 6, so I'm biased. The V6, if anything will get more aftermarket support thanks to the Mustang's version of the 3.7l.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
My point is that the 4Cyl. can be modified (In short order mind you) to outperform the N/A 6 cyl. and for a LOT less than the V6 starting price. The 3.7 mustang engine is different than the 3.5L. Very few parts are going to be made for the N/A V6 if there are a 4 cyl turbo and a 6 cyl turbo to be had.

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
My point is that the 4Cyl. can be modified (In short order mind you) to outperform the N/A 6 cyl. and for a LOT less than the V6 starting price. The 3.7 mustang engine is different than the 3.5L. Very few parts are going to be made for the N/A V6 if there are a 4 cyl turbo and a 6 cyl turbo to be had.
There'll only be an aftermarket for that four-banger if it ends up in the focus, or something similar, which leaves in the exact situation as with the Cyclone. I just don't see anything being made directly for the 4-banger Taurus, the SHO will get all of the attention. The 3.5 and 3.7 are both based on the same architecture, called Cyclone. The block is very similar on both, though the heads are different. The 3.7 is offered in RWD/FWD, it's now offered in Ford's most popular vehicle, the F150. It is also offered in the Mustang. If you want aftermarket, I bet the cyclone will have a nice one in just a few years time. I'm not 100% sure on the interchangeability with this engine family, but there's nothing radically different between the 3 variations of the engine, so anything is possible.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
That 2.0L turbo engine WILL be in the Focus ST and I'm sure that there will be parts made rather quickly. Hell just a simple reflash to up the boost will net impressive gains, or a downpipe / Exhaust package. If you know anything of the Focus world then you know about FSWERKS, they do VERY impressive work on the focus and 2.3L Fusion. Look here. I have a feeling that this new base taurus won't leave you out in the cold on performance. Of course this is just my opinion ;)

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
That 2.0L turbo engine WILL be in the Focus ST and I'm sure that there will be parts made rather quickly. Hell just a simple reflash to up the boost will net impressive gains, or a downpipe / Exhaust package. If you know anything of the Focus world then you know about FSWERKS, they do VERY impressive work on the focus and 2.3L Fusion. Look here. I have a feeling that this new base taurus won't leave you out in the cold on performance. Of course this is just my opinion ;)

Don't get me wrong, it's a cool engine. I'd take it in a Focus instantly, it would make for a really fun car that gets somewhat decent mileage. Though, if they wanted to shoehorn an Ecoboost 3.5l V6 in there, that would be my choice. I'm pretty stupid, I never, ever factor gas mileage into what I buy. I'll gladly cruise around at 5mpg if I like the vehicle enough. Gas is around $1.32/L right now, or $5.30ish a gallon. That's around $135 to fill up my van, and $180 for my F150 (glad it's not on the road currently). Screw the oil companies.

Just be glad that Ford's smaller engines are getting attention in the performance department. Remember the HSC? Or the Vulcan. :lol2:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Le sigh, I have a vulcan LOL.

·
Registered
294 Posts
i think the front looks badass. the back looks like a down syndrome child. i have always hated the back of the 2010 to current tauruses. i think the rest is cool. a minor improvement. i wont buy one, i dont have the money for that lol.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
On a side note, I think there'll be some supercharging kits for the 3.7 Mustang soon, I wonder what it'll take to make a supercharged, 3.7 Taurus. 475+ HP. Probably not worth it with the SHO around, but still.

I would do this just for the insurance break the SHO is deffinately more expensive to insure. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.