Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a oil change and was leaving almost fist sized puddles everywhere I would park for the next two weeks check the drain plug and filter all good now all of a sudden no more leaks to be seen but when sitting at idle at a stop sign or a red light I can smell the oil just burning off on whatever it happens to be dripping on. Get the car jacked up to hopefully find where it's dripping nothing. Rev the ever loving hell out of it to try and force it to leak nothing but I have noticed by passenger side turbo is almost black and caked in oil but even that doesn't currently seem to be leaking found oil in the pcv system so I know it's getting by somewhere it's not supposed to be but at this point I'm pretty stumped

Any bright ideas on where to check next?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not sure if my idea would be rated as "bright" but I think the guy that changed the oil made a mess. What you are smelling is most likely residual oil spilled on the exhaust or engine parts that get hot.
If its not leaking and smoke is not coming out the exhaust, I wouldn't worry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's bin over a month since then ive had to put another another quart of oil in and I'm still smelling oil burning off in the cab when I'm sitting at stops so it has to have some form of leak.
Car has 114k on it as it is already have had to have the timing chain and water pump done in my owning if the car

1 - 3 of 3 Posts