Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tapped to the shifter gear indicator light to get an illumination power souce for an accesory light. There was a short, and a fuse blew. I fixed the short but now I need to find the fuse. I lost the illumination for both the center console gear indicator and the steering wheel controls; all other illumination is fine. They work when entering the car (courtesy illumination) but not with the headlights on. The fuse box is located in a very hard location and I managed to get in there with a test light and tested about 50 percent of them, but I had to "abort" since because of the way I had to bend and twist my no-so-young body, I though I was going into kidney failure or somenthing. The owners manual fuse listing is very ambiguous in the descriptions. Does anyone knows the exact fuse number that controls the illumination of the gear indicator and steering wheel controls?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I tapped to the shifter gear indicator light to get an illumination power souce for an accesory light. There was a short, and a fuse blew. I fixed the short but now I need to find the fuse. I lost the illumination for both the center console gear indicator and the steering wheel controls; all other illumination is fine. They work when entering the car (courtesy illumination) but not with the headlights on. The fuse box is located in a very hard location and I managed to get in there with a test light and tested about 50 percent of them, but I had to "abort" since because of the way I had to bend and twist my no-so-young body, I though I was going into kidney failure or somenthing. The owners manual fuse listing is very ambiguous in the descriptions. Does anyone knows the exact fuse number that controls the illumination of the gear indicator and steering wheel controls?
fperezal - If I had to guess, I'd start with Fuse #12. See the attached pics, and let us know if that works for you. I know what you mean - I've been on my back changing fuses in this panel, and it's not the best, especially sliding out of the there then standing up. You're not the only one who struggles with that! ;)

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts