Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. I bought my 2013 Taurus Limited a little over four years ago and really enjoy driving it. I’d never owned a vehicle with a backup camera when I bought it, so I didn’t have any idea what the image quality should be like. Mine has always been very fuzzy or hazy looking from the day I bought it. I recently went on vacation and rented a newer Mustang (I think it was either a 2016 or 2017) and the image quality for the backup camera was amazing! I also noticed that the parking guidelines on the Mustang actually changed based on the position of the steering wheel instead of staying stationary like they do on my Taurus. I’d never given it much thought until I drove the Mustang and I didn’t know that was supposed to happen. Anyway, I started doing some web searches and it appears that I have some issues with the camera on my Taurus and I’m hoping to get some advice from everyone. I thoroughly cleaned my camera hoping it was just dirty, but that didn’t help. I removed it to give a visual inspection and everything looks fine and the lens doesn’t look like it’s damaged at all. I tried to look up the part number online and didn’t get very many results. The part number for the camera that is installed in the car is DG1T19G490AC with a manufacture date of 10/16/2012 and serial number 50808. There's also a CW48A stamped on the sticker. I've attached an image of the current camera for reference. When I do an online lookup on a Ford dealership parts list I see EG1T19G490AA as the replacement part. I've also seen a few results on eBay that have EG1Z19G490A as the replacement part. Was the DG1T19G490AC a short-lived part that had issues and I had the misfortune of getting a car with one, or was it a typical production change and I just need to buy a new camera? Or is the camera actually the culprit here? The display screen on the dash is crystal clear for everything else and the perimeter sensors seem to be working correctly, but I don’t want to order a replacement camera if that’s not what’s causing my problem. I feel like it probably is, but I don’t want to jump the gun and waste money on something that I don’t need. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance to everyone!

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
So essentially, you have a much older version camera and it's really just a replacement you need. Happened to me as well not too long ago.

Go to car-part.com and you can find used cameras from salvaged 2016-2018 Taurus' in almost new condition for around $100. That's what I did and the image quality is much better. I still don't have the dynamic guidelines for some reason, but it's not a big deal for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the information. I found one on that website and ordered it. It arrived this morning and that fixed the problem! Guidelines still don't work, but at least I can see what's behind me when backing up. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My camera went out and I replaced it. The parking assist colorbars disappeared after I installed the new camera. I posted on the forum and JMR061replied “It requiresprogramming done by the dealer or someone with access to dealer software. “

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same issue and ended up replacing my camera with a new one. The steering guidelines didn't work, but after some research I found that if you run 'BdyCM: Local Interconnect Network New Module Calibration' in Forscan under the wrench -> service procedures it will calibrate the camera and the guidelines will work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So essentially, you have a much older version camera and it's really just a replacement you need. Happened to me as well not too long ago.

Go to car-part.com and you can find used cameras from salvaged 2016-2018 Taurus' in almost new condition for around $100. That's what I did and the image quality is much better. I still don't have the dynamic guidelines for some reason, but it's not a big deal for me.
2016 thru 2018 fit a 2013? mine is messed up as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts