Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 FORD TAURUS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2013 Ford Taurus has been sitting for 6 months because it can't pass inspection. I have that P0430 code. Does anyone have a link to the correct MIL Eliminator for my car? I've searched and cannot find it anywhere. Also which sensor it would go on? Should I try replacing the bank 2 O2 sensor first?

·
Super Moderator
8,110 Posts
Sometimes replacing the pre cat sensor works, sometimes it doesnt. A 430 (or 420) will NEVER go away if you replace the post cat sensor.

Every MIL eliminator (looks like a spark plug antifouler from days gone by) I have seen looks exactly the same. AFAIK, every O2 sensor ever made uses the same thread pitch / diameter.

Reactions: sheila

·
Registered
2013 FORD TAURUS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sorry I'm new to this, which sensor would be the "pre cat sensor" and where would it be located (a pic would help)?

·
Super Moderator
8,110 Posts
Pre cat sensors are in the exhaust manifolds, post cat sensors are in the exhaust system after the cat converters.

No clue if the Mustang simulators will work as I have no experience with them.

The "MIL Eliminators" that simply screw into the post cat sensor bungs and the O2 sensor simply screws into the MIL Eliminators work. Plus the MIL Eliminators are cheap..... around $25 for 2.

Be aware that if you have a visual inspection in addition to the PCM IM Monitor test an inspector who gives a crap will flunk the car if they see either the MIL Eliminators or the simulators.

·
Registered
2013 FORD TAURUS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope my question isn't repetitive. You say they are cheap "2 for $25", do you mind sending me or posting a link to it. Again I have looked everywhere and cannot find them. I only see MIL eliminators for the ford mustang.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Could be an o2 sensor dying? Maybe just replace it/them.. I've been seeing bank2 o2 sensors being replaced recently. Considering replacing mine proactively.

Exhaust leaks can also cause catalyst codes.

·
Super Moderator
8,110 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts