Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My backup camera went out, so I ordered a replacementonline. I replaced it without issue, but....
Now, when backing up, the backupsensors beep and indicate obstructions, but the backup assist (color bars inthe camera view) no longer pops up. I've tried turning the assist off and backon and performing a master reset to no avail.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2013 Taurus Limited with every option except navigation. For several days the backup camera is not working and on the Sony Sync MyTouch display a message appears after a bit that says “The backup camera is unavailable, please contact your local dealership!” The proximity Sensors in the bumpers work with audible alerts, but my feelings are that the camera went bad. Ther are plenty of F150, Explorer, etc. posts the show replacement cameras, however when it comes to this vehicle, very little is written. From what I gather the Taurus backup camera has the rear lid molding attached and the entire assembly is swapped out. Is their not a camera that can be purchased and used as an “OEM” replacement so it can work with the stock system? I tried taking the battery terminal off and aLao did a system reset of MySync to no avail. I know if I use a Forescan I can program the moving grid lines back into the mage without the need to program it at a dealer. I found an auto salvage that has the one piece camera, emblem and trim for $155 delivered. Please advise me f I on track with this, or if you have any pointers for me. Many thank all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts