Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I have a 2013 Taurus interceptor AWD. When accelerating the car has a jerking-bucking most noticeable in 2nd and 3rd gears but does carry over to 4th,just not as noticeable.In the higher gears I have not noticed it at all.I have changed the spark plugs and plenum gasket and that did not help. I really don't think its a engine problem because the engine runs perfect at idle and is very responsive.The jerk only seems to be there under normal acceleration. When I nail it it seems to not be there at all. As far as on time shifts they seem to be great and there is no slippage at all. There are no CEL or wrench lights nor any codes.I am wondering if it could possibly be a torque converter, but really have no idea if these are torque converter symptoms. I know the old crown vics had torque converter problems and they describe that as being a shutter. I guess this could be described as a shutter but really don't know. Just hoping its not a transmission issue. Any suggestions are appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts