Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Ford Taurus Limited. The other day the console door to the right of the gear shift would not shut. Is there any information on how to repair it?

Attachments

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have a 2013 Ford Taurus Limited. The other day the console door to the right of the gear shift would not shut. Is there any information on how to repair it?
it won't move up/down at all or it won't lock when shut? Just clarifying as my main cup holder lid will shut but not lock UNLESS I press the left side/corner.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Console lid not close

Tried pushing on left corner of lid but it will not lock closed. It remains open. Not sure how to repair it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've taken that door completely off to clean the inside there. Look at how it connects. Kind of hard to explain, but once you look at it it should make sense. Maybe try that and reinstalling it, or see if the rubber insert in there is keeping it from closing?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've thought about that, but not sure how to begin taking the "door" or "lid" off. Can you fill me in on what you did?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Console lid will not say shut

Fellows, I tried taking the door/lid off. I've drawn a rough picture of two pins on either side of the lid that hold it in place. The smaller pins I was able to dislodge, but the larger ones (2), I could not uninstall. Since I could not remove the lid due to the larger pins holding it fast, I reconnected the smaller pins. While working with it, I noticed a indent in the wall on the dash side of the box/hole. It had a metal clip that seemed to catch the back of the lid when it closed. This clip was loose and in my attempt to make it work, it fell out of the indented place into a hole in the bottom of it and I was unable to retrieve it. Right now the lid is closed, but I got a couple of Qtips and worked them into both corners and that holds it closed until the next time I need it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Console lid will not say shut

Fellows, I tried taking the door/lid off. I've drawn a rough picture of two pins on either side of the lid that hold it in place. The smaller pins I was able to dislodge, but the larger ones (2), I could not uninstall. Since I could not remove the lid due to the larger pins holding it fast, I reconnected the smaller pins. While working with it, I noticed a indent in the wall on the dash side of the box/hole. It had a metal clip that seemed to catch the back of the lid when it closed. This clip was loose and in my attempt to make it work, it fell out of the indented place into a hole in the bottom of it and I was unable to retrieve it. Right now the lid is closed, but I got a couple of Qtips and worked them into both corners and that holds it closed until the next time I need it.
I've have a 2014 Ford Taurus Limited and same thing happened to me too. One of the pins that holds lid on broke off on my so now my lid closes werid and it's off center. I would show a picture but my car at ford because the power steering when out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts