Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!, on and off for about the last moth or so, when I put my car in reverse, I get a pop-up saying "camera is unavailable, please contact your dealership. But other times, the camera works just fine.. Does anyone have a solution for this, or know what might be causing this issue? My car has about 140,000 miles on it but is in great condition. I just am trying to avoid buying a replacement because the cheapest camera I could find is $303.00. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
123 Posts
No one seems to be responding? Maybe not much repair data on this problem? Again, if all else fails , YouTube has a plethora of good info on repairing vehicles , etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
99% sure your camera needs to be replaced. It's apparently common in 2013 models. I just replaced mine a week or so ago for the same issue. It's now working perfectly and has a much clearer/sharper picture. Easy to swap out too, just pull the pin tabs out of the top and center of the trunk liner, pull back the liner, unplug the camera, unscrew with torx T25, swap cameras and put back together.

I opted for a new camera, but you can easily save $100 or so if you pull one out of a newer salvage vehicle (car-part.com).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts