Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in looking up belt part numbers, i see two belts listed.

Motorcraft JK4377BA which is listed as a "water pump kit" and contains two zip ties

Motorcraft JK6455D which is listed as the accessory belt.

Now the accessory belt it pretty self explanatory, but what's the water pump kit? It's driven off the chain, so what is this belt for?

I find that belt references on rockauto.com AND looking up belt part numbers with my VIN on fordparts.com

·
Registered
324 Posts
Same exact thing for me. I replaced my belt driven with the alternator, but I couldn't physically see any other belt on the car. So the extra one I have, I'm not sure what it's for.

·
Registered
144 Posts
They call it a water pump kit, but I am pretty sure that would just be the belt to run the power steering pump if the car were to have one. My 08 has a second belt just for the power steering.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Replaced. That took all of 5 mins. I had the pass wheel off and removed the small plastic trim which made it easy to loop the belt over the pullies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Mustang5L5
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing