Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are threads that are dedicated to cleaning however, i found out this weekend that cleaning the interior of my 2015 is little more difficult than just wiping it down with the armor all wipes that i normally use. One of the first things i noticed when i bought this car was that the interior is a different material than the 2010 was. The 2010 was just basic hard plastic, whereas this car is a textured material that feels a lot nicer. The armor all wipes leave a residue on this interior, it was easy to clean with a micro fiber cloth but still annoying.

So to the point, does anyone have anything special that they use to clean the interior on a 2013+?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Personally I do what you do: if I use things like Armorall wipes I'll let it dry up a bit and then wipe off with a microfiber. What I will do before that though, is to wipe everything with a plush microfiber first (shaking it off judiciously after each major piece) just to get the dust and loose particles off and not have them mix in with the wipe's liquid. That could contribute to having a residue. I'll use the same method on the shiny plastics too. I guess I never considered it annoying as I find cleaning my car genuinely relaxing which helps keep my 2013 looking brand spanking new inside.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Personally I do what you do: if I use things like Armorall wipes I'll let it dry up a bit and then wipe off with a microfiber. What I will do before that though, is to wipe everything with a plush microfiber first (shaking it off judiciously after each major piece) just to get the dust and loose particles off and not have them mix in with the wipe's liquid. That could contribute to having a residue. I'll use the same method on the shiny plastics too. I guess I never considered it annoying as I find cleaning my car genuinely relaxing which helps keep my 2013 looking brand spanking new inside.
The cleaning isnt annoying, the residue its leaving is annoying lol. I generally keep the interior is good shape, wiping everything down and vacuuming at least once a month. Leather gets cleaned and conditioned at least once a year. I have husky liner floor mats. I dont smoke and dont let anyone smoke in my car.

Thank you for the tip!

·
Registered
119 Posts
A soft Brush for interior cleaning does wonders. Turtle Wax interior cleaner for leather & plastics is what I use. It comes with it own brush , built in. Gets out the Blue Jean stains on light tan leather seats real good. Those stains are very tough to get out , but the TW does the job. Then I put Zymol leather conditioner after cleaning.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I used a soft brush on the vacuum cleaner to dust the interior. Removes all the dust from dash, buttons, vents, etc. Just be careful around clear or shiny plastic parts as it could leave small scratches.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts