Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a 3013 ford taurus SEL with 137,000 miles on it. good condition. always replace tires when needed, oil changes and any maintenance that ever happened to it i always am fast to fix it. but the other day my coolant reservoir cracked and was spraying out the fluids so i had ordered a new one and installed it the next day and put new coolant in it and what not. well when i’m driving it doesn’t seem to have problems but when i am idle or put it in park the temperature gauge goes up and then down and up and down gradually. when i’m driving it seems to be at normal temperature. so before i had replaced it and before it cracked i didn’t have problems with the temperature at all. replaced it and now it’s acting funky. i have no idea about cars and have been doing research but can’t seem to find the answer. could anyone help me out on this?

·
Registered
22,917 Posts
Is it losing any coolant now? If so, may check/suspect h2o pump. If not, you may have some air in the system that hasn't burped/expelled out yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it losing any coolant now? If so, may check/suspect h2o pump. If not, you may have some air in the system that hasn't burped/expelled out yet.
no there’s no coolant leaking anywhere at all. i didn’t even see any pin hole leaks aka small small leaks. i’ve been beginning to suspect there’s just an air pocket in there that hasn’t come out like you said. or maybe one of my fans isn’t working or at least one of them isn’t working.

·
Registered
2013 SEL
400 Posts
Watch the levels! Sheila mentioned the water pump because it has a couple of potential failures. One would be leaking out the weephole. The other would be leaking into the oil. The later wouldn't have visible leaks. If the water pump fails and it isn't addressed, it can be catastrophic to the motor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts