Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks - any help appreciated. This taurus has been plagued with fuel delivery problems that mystified my mechanic but you guys have seemed to nail every problem correctly. At low speeds or cruising speeds like 45 or 55, the car will seem to do the opposite of surging - it has a hesitation for a second, then picks back up. It might be also happening up a slight incline. Now when I hit the gas it roars like a champ. It will get a chirp of rubber at 40 if I stomp it, car has plenty of power at full throttle, I just see the issue when I am driving like an old man. :)

What does this sound like to you guys.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi folks - any help appreciated. This taurus has been plagued with fuel delivery problems that mystified my mechanic but you guys have seemed to nail every problem correctly. At low speeds or cruising speeds like 45 or 55, the car will seem to do the opposite of surging - it has a hesitation for a second, then picks back up. It might be also happening up a slight incline. Now when I hit the gas it roars like a champ. It will get a chirp of rubber at 40 if I stomp it, car has plenty of power at full throttle, I just see the issue when I am driving like an old man. :)

What does this sound like to you guys.
sorry to reply to my own thread but I don' tsee a way to edit my question - I wanted to add that the pulsing hesitation is very regular, and has a rythm to it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts