Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I'm currently living in Germany, with no speed limits. I'm currently trying to see if I can fit larger wheels and tires on my Taurus, to help with handling and the high speeds I'm running. So far all the research I have done I haven't been able to find anything to help me out. The car currently has 235-55-r18 on it. I'm seeing if any of you know what I'm able to do for aftermarket wheel and tire setups. Thanks in advance, the price isn't too much of an issue for me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
P255 45 R19 is what comes on the Limited models I'd say that's about as big as you can go without rubbing issues on turns. There's already not a huge amount of clearance with the Limited wheels. You might be able to get away with another inch or two in diameter but I wouldn't go wider. Maybe ask a good tire shop or customs shop around your area to see what they think.

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
20" on the SHO. I put the SHO wheels and tires on mine.

Reactions: Connor2712

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought about 20s but I'm not sure about finding tires for the speed rating of 110mph plus and I'm more of a smaller rim bigger side wall tire, I just don't want to be running rubber bands

1 - 5 of 5 Posts