Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 Taurus Limited is stuck on the AC vents. I cannot get air to come from the defrost nor the floor. I believe this may be an actuator issue but I am not sure which one to check. Any ideas/guidance would be appreciated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You need the heating system mode actuator. If the car does NOT have dual climate control, it will be high up on the left side of the center console, above the gas pedal and behind the cluster. 1 connector and 2 screws to replace - once you figure out how to access it. If you have automatic climate control it might be in a different.location.
There is a thread on here explaining the process for replacement. Search threads I commented on.

For my 2015 it was this part
Adjust Motor - Ford (AA5Z-19E616-A)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I did confirm automatic climate control is in the same location, up high between instrument cluster and center dash area. Tough to remove and reinstall. Patience, 1/4" swivels and ratchet extensions, etc. It also helped to use tape on the screws to hold them in socket upon reinstall.

For others, there are 4 actuators on the automatic climate control. Fresh air blend door is behind glove box. Easy to get to. Passenger blend control is to left of the glove box, tough to access. Driver blend is on right side of the gas pedal, fairly easy to get to. Mode actuator (defrost, vent, floor) is the really tough one explained above.

Hindsight is 20/20, but I first removed the connector and tested for voltage changes across pins 1 and 6. Went from -12 to 12 VDC depending on the mode. I figured it had to be the actuator, so I removed it. I then plugged it again after removing it and it worked. I had tried the fuse pull at fuse 15 to "reset" the system before I did anything. This seemed to have no effect. I think what actually fixed it was unplugging and plugging it back in. This can be done without removing the actuator, so would have been best to start with that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts