Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if I noticed this before I have a 2011 Taurus that seemingly after you press the button hear the sound of what appears to be the starter still rotating for a few seconds then it stops. I do not know what the normal time for this to run since it is not a key so it may be normal. Anyone hear this sound after starting their Taurus with the push button start?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am not sure if I noticed this before I have a 2011 Taurus that seemingly after you press the button hear the sound of what appears to be the starter still rotating for a few seconds then it stops. I do not know what the normal time for this to run since it is not a key so it may be normal. Anyone hear this sound after starting their Taurus with the push button start?
My 2011 Limited seems to stop cranking right after the engine starts.

From the Factory Service Manual:
One-Touch Integrated Start (OTIS)

Once the ignition is turned to the START position (either with the key or using the Start/Stop switch) and the vehicle is in PARK or NEUTRAL, the PCM reads the starter motor request from the ignition switch or from the RFA module and gains control of the starter engagement. The customer is no longer in the loop after the initial crank request, the customer may release the key to the RUN/START position or release the Start/Stop switch. The PCM will disengage the starter motor based on the following events:

• The engine is started (rpm threshold)
  • A set time has been exceeded (calibrated)
  • The ignition has been turned to the OFF position
The set time appears to be 10 seconds of total

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I guess under 10 seconds is normal. I bought a new starter as I believe this one may just be going out. Will update after the replacement the results.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts