Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Ford Taurus SEl I was driving on the Highway & the yellow wrench popped up and I could not accelerate no longer had to pull over and shut the car off and try to re-crank it & it crunk up but the Wrench were still on the screen and I still couldn’t accelerate have anyone ever heard of this??

·
Registered
2017 Ford Taurus
478 Posts
I had the wrench pop up after the dealership over serviced my transmission on a 2017 Taurus. It was supposed to be a drain and refill but they pumped in 10.5 quarts, the 1/2 qt. was a flush.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2011 Ford Taurus SEl I was driving on the Highway & the yellow wrench popped up and I could not accelerate no longer had to pull over and shut the car off and try to re-crank it & it crunk up but the Wrench were still on the screen and I still couldn’t accelerate have anyone ever heard of this??
I just had this problem today.Im gonna put it in the shop after thanksgiving.I was told it was a transmission problem but idk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Since returning it and having them to reservice it has it done the same thing? I had my oil changed and about 2 weeks later is when mine did this.

·
Super Moderator
8,586 Posts
^^^^ Oil changed or tranny fluid changed? If you really mean the ENGINE OIL was changed, please describe the exact issue you are having in detail. The more details we have, the more likely we will be able to help you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
^^^^ Oil changed or tranny fluid changed? If you really mean the ENGINE OIL was changed, please describe the exact issue you are having in detail. The more details we have, the more likely we will be able to help you.
I have had this issue with my 2011 Ford Taurus. But it happens randomly. I could just turn my car on sometimes and it will throw the wrench symbol and I can not go when I press the gas. It has also happened while driving down the road and I can not accelerate so I have to pull over and turn my car off and back on again, which will then cause the check engine light to come on. We have replaced the accelerator pedal and the throttle body. The code that it throws is generic code P2104. Can you please help me with this issue?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had this issue with my 2011 Ford Taurus. But it happens randomly. I could just turn my car on sometimes and it will throw the wrench symbol and I can not go when I press the gas. It has also happened while driving down the road and I can not accelerate so I have to pull over and turn my car off and back on again, which will then cause the check engine light to come on. We have replaced the accelerator pedal and the throttle body. The code that it throws is generic code P2104. Can you please help me with this issue?
the check engine light does not come on all the time just sometimes

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have you had the code cleared in the computer since replacing the parts?
yes I have but also even after replacing the parts it still does the same thing. Like I said the check engine light don’t come on every time, but it still throws the wrench symbol and won’t let me accelerate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So I believe we found what the issue is, we need to replace the computer. Hubby said when he was messing with it, that was making the car do all kinds of crazy things. Have a new computer on the way and will update once we get it installed and everything. Could be a couple of weeks as the computer computer won’t be here until next week. Praying this is what it is

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I believe we found what the issue is, we need to replace the computer. Hubby said when he was messing with it, that was making the car do all kinds of crazy things. Have a new computer on the way and will update once we get it installed and everything. Could be a couple of weeks as the computer computer won’t be here until next week. Praying this is what it is
Would love to be updated. Have a 2013 ford taurus 3.5 v6 and having the same exact issue. Happened 3 times last summer in the same day. Nothing since and its my daily driver. All of a sudden did the same exact thing tonight.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Taurus
478 Posts
Where did you find a computer, new or used?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Where did you find a computer, new or used?
carcomputerexchange.com we provide them with vin so that it can be programmed to my car when it gets here and don’t have to take it to ford or anything and have them do it. I think we paid a little over $200 for it when autozone wanted $500. Still waiting on it to arrive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Would love to be updated. Have a 2013 ford taurus 3.5 v6 and having the same exact issue. Happened 3 times last summer in the same day. Nothing since and its my daily driver. All of a sudden did the same exact thing tonight.
I will update you as soon as it arrives. Still waiting but hopefully it should be by EOW

1 - 17 of 17 Posts