Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up since I am doing work on my salvage 2011 Taurus won from auction and found that the Group 65 battery fits as well. This battery is a little bit bigger but the best thing is at Walmart can get a cheap ValuePower Lead Acid
battery for around $50.00 instead of the usual Group 59 battery. Fits fine and the terminals are right where they need to be.

Hope this helps someone else out!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Good to hear, thanx! I went thru 2 Motorcraft batteries in 2 1/2 years, the original , then Ford replaced the original under warranty & the replacement lasted only a year & a half. So far the Walmart battery is around 2+ years old , & has outlasted both MC batteries.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Question. Why are the MC batteries failing so quick. I have had ecellent luck with this brand in the crown vics. Is there somthing wrong with the BMS system causing these rapid failures. 5 yrs is the minimum lifespan you should receive from a lead acid battery of acceptable quality. In 1998 and 1999 whoever made the OEM motorcraft batteries made them so good they would often last 15 yrs. 10 minumum.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Most batteries really come from only two companies, regardless of the brand on them. The quality varies less than it used to. I agree that all car batteries don't seem to be anywhere near as good that they used to be. I still buy motorcraft, as you can usually find them at a pretty good deal (look for coupons).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts