Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a 2011 Taurus sho parts fit in the 2011 SEL, engine parts i.e turbos, race coils n sturts..my lady has a SEL an its broke down rack n pinion we talked about trading but we ending keeping it but I wanna make it more fun.....can anyone shed sum light in this, I can't find anything saying the turbos will fit with changing alot of things, but I would think so there pretty much the same, thanks in advance

·
Registered
34 Posts
By the time you do all the necessary modifications to fit the SEL to the SHO configurations for the Engine, Suspension, EMS, Transmission, etc. You may as well just buy a used SHO.

The costs and time to make it work would not be conducive to your schedule and wallet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not gonna go all out but turbo be nice, not alot I can find...the suspension could use a lil upgrade, drive train is fine emc is fine

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She has a sentiment value in the car an since I still have my 2003 Silverado for the same reason I understand but I just wanna make it alil more fun u know

·
Registered
2001 Ford Taurus SE
9 Posts
There was a guy on one of these Forums or FB groups who turbo'd his SEL. I just read about it the other day. It can be done but you can't get crazy with the boost since the engine rods and pistons aren't as strong as the ecoboost. You also need more fuel.

If it was me, I'd put a wet nitrous kit on it. 100 HP shot and see how you like it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts