Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Taurus SEL. When using the "auto" button on the climate control, the air conditioning will not come on automatically. To have the air on I have also to press the "air cond" button. This is different from my old 2002 SEL where all I had to do was press "auto" and set the temp. Then heat or air would come on depending on the outside temp. Seems to me having to switch air on defeats the purpose of automatic climate control, especially at the change of seasons when air or heat may be required depending on outside temp. By the way, the manual says nothing about having to press the "air cond" button. The service guy told me this is how it works but I think they have very little experience with this model.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
The Gen 4.5 EATC system also had an A/C button, so that you could turn it on or off independently from the AUTO function. Keep this in mind: you can turn it off when not needed to help save fuel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.