Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ac and heat work but vents are stuck to defrost only very little come out of face vents (electronic button switch no manual knobs )anyone have any ideas ...just changed the blend door actuator about a month ago because of that dreaded clicking

·
Registered
92 Posts
Blend door actuator "indexing", maybe? I had a 08 Impala that I replaced those cheap Chinese made BD actuators & it didn't apparently need "indexing, because it worked as normal when the broken actuators were replaced. Try to go on "YouTube" to see if Ford tech "Makuloco" or "MacTFord" or anyone else , has any vids on the BD actuators or BC modules that control those functions.

·
Registered
22,489 Posts
May be able to perform a reset by disconnecting neg. batt. cable or pulling an hvac module fuse momentarily. Worst case scenario, may have to replace the mode (vent) actuator.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Manual controls (push button) without dual climate control.
Mode door actuator is high up on the drivers side behind the instrument cluster.
Need to lie on your back with head on accelerator pedal and look up high. I had to remove the brake pedal switch to get my hands up there. Also pulled the cluster out to get to one of the bolts.
Search the last couple of pages or my previous posts and you will find a link to an external site that has a step by step.

Inexpensive part but awkward to swap it out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Manual controls (push button) without dual climate control.
Mode door actuator is high up on the drivers side behind the instrument cluster.
Need to lie on your back with head on accelerator pedal and look up high. I had to remove the brake pedal switch to get my hands up there. Also pulled the cluster out to get to one of the bolts.
Search the last couple of pages or my previous posts and you will find a link to an external site that has a step by step.

Inexpensive part but awkward to swap it out.
i have dual climate but i know exactly what your saying in my car its pretty much on the side of the radio under the drivers side i dont think its as high as the single climate control ..still in an awkward spot though...problem fixed itsself so i will leave it alone for now lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts