Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Ford Taurus SHO AWD
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m wanting to see if anyone else has heard of this problem, or if i’m being given the go around by the dealer for some extra cash.

About 3 weeks ago I took my car to the dealer because my traction control light + adaptive cruise malfunction light was on, (my check engine light was also on but it was for a O2 sensor.) they had it for about a week before I heard anything back from them, they said it needed a ABS Module and it would be about a week before they got it in. ABS Module came in, they replaced it, didn’t fix anything. Now they are telling me it’s my PCM, but everything i’ve heard about PCMs doesn’t seem to relate to my problems, the car runs and drives perfect fine. So i’m wondering why it could be the PCM.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ive read a lot about this. One dealer seams to know the fix on older cars

Have your service guy call Bane Timotijevic at Metro Ford (403) 262-0840 to get the details of what they didnu fix it.

On 2010+ one of your 4 wheel speed sensors or sensor wiring may have gone bad these will need to be inspected closely. Or the traction control computer has gone bad.
Corroded contacts, water damage or defect could cause both to come on.

A diagnostic scan tool. Can reveal a computer failure. It should pinpoint the error. I doubt your ABS module was bad. Unless warrantied, tell them to put the old one back in since it did not fix the problem.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts