Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
QUOTE (mrcow32 @ Jun 2 2009, 09:10 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=729674
Well, uh, have you checked the top of the page lately?

Yes, we are all very aware of the Taurus SHO, it's been known for months.

And yes, I am totally stoked to buy one. If not this year, maybe next. The little lady and I have already decided.[/b]
Can I get a ride along? :makeadeal:

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I got to be in one too. Took loads of video but haven't edited it yet.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I got to be in one too. Took loads of video but haven't edited it yet.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
yeah i wish i could actually afford one when they come out. I did a rough calculation and i figured id be paying 630 something a month. too much for me!

·
Registered
1,968 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Really? Show me another full size sedan that does high 13s or better stock, that stickers under $40 grand.

A luxo barge doing 13.9s (and the SHO has a little more power) is bloody quick for a stock "attainable" car.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
The BMW 335i. 13.4 seconds on the 1/4 mile. Sticker is at $40,300 if you're gonna pick apart numbers here, but that's close to your 40 grand cutoff.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
QUOTE (soccernamlak @ Jun 3 2009, 07:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=730003
The BMW 335i. 13.4 seconds on the 1/4 mile. Sticker is at $40,300 if you're gonna pick apart numbers here, but that's close to your 40 grand cutoff.[/b]
Not a full size sedan ;)

But...DO WANT. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
A 4300lb luxury car that cuts high 13's on 87octane (or is it 91?), and it's not impressive??? Perhaps some people are just looking for the wrong type of car.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
QUOTE (ford_ses @ Jun 3 2009, 08:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=730011
The BMW 335i. 13.4 seconds on the 1/4 mile. Sticker is at $40,300 if you're gonna pick apart numbers here, but that's close to your 40 grand cutoff.[/b]
Not a full size sedan ;)

[/b][/quote]

meh, full size/mid size....do you really need that space anyway :D

But I'll admit for what it is and the category it fills, the new SHO does it very well.

Of course, personal preference would be using that as a down payment for an M3 or Porsche, but the SHO has never been for everyone, past or current.

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
QUOTE (soccernamlak @ Jun 4 2009, 01:38 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=730075
QUOTE (ford_ses @ Jun 3 2009, 08:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=730011
Not a full size sedan ;)

[/b][/quote]

meh, full size/mid size....do you really need that space anyway :D

But I'll admit for what it is and the category it fills, the new SHO does it very well.

Of course, personal preference would be using that as a down payment for an M3 or Porsche, but the SHO has never been for everyone, past or current.
[/b][/quote]

well yeah Kal, but not all of us are going to be doctors. :lol2:

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Ok; first, the 3-series Bimmer is a compact luxury car, so the more apt comparison would be 335i vs. Ford Focus...or Fusion if you want to take some liberties. Second, the MKS EcoBoost will most likely be coming out with more curb weight than the '10 SHO because of extra sound deadening, high-lux. appointments, etc. Third, mid-to-high thirteens in the 1/4 mile and mid-to-low five second 0-60 runs (on 87 pump gas, mind you) are extremely good when its in a full-sized sedan carrying four of your closest- and luckiest- friends along for the ride. I'm 6'2" and I've ridden in both the front and back seat of a '10 SHO at Gingerman; let me tell you something- its more comfortable, rides better and actually pulls harder than my father's LS460 which is rated for even more HP and torque than the SHO. Not to mention, I had more space in the back seat than I do in the Lexus when the seats are adjusted for a taller driver and passengers. That, my friends, is head and shoulders above any previous SHO coming off the showroom floor, and it will easily rival any luxury branded full-size you care to name. The Taurus has grown up; it isn't a mid-sized missile like the SHO's of yore, nor is it a Fusion or anything like an import-tuner pocket rocket. This is a subtle, incognito bullet train for the highways. And if you choose to take the back roads, well, Gingerman is a pretty complex group of turns and both SHO's brought out that day were carving corners like a go-kart without ever feeling like a 4000+ lb sedan. The new SHO has outstanding performance that defies what a car that size should be limited to by those pesky laws of physics.

FYI- the SHO will indeed have the most grunt of the 3.5 EcoBoost equipped models; they're all going to be underrated so you can figure the 365hp figure will be more like 380+.

;) A little bird told me that dialing in slightly more turbo boost will put it at 415hp or higher. 500 is not out of the realm of possibilities. W00t!

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
QUOTE (SilverThunder @ Jun 4 2009, 10:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=730109
well yeah Kal, but not all of us are going to be doctors. :lol2:[/b]
You can still get good cars for not a lot of money.....I should know, I have one :)

QUOTE (Brian_05_SEL @ Jun 5 2009, 11:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=730462
Ok; first, the 3-series Bimmer is a compact luxury car, so the more apt comparison would be 335i vs. Ford Focus...[/b]
Um, two things. First, the BMW 3 Series are considered compact executive cars, which is a British term that means entry-level luxury cars in American English and not "compact" as we would think of it.

Second, there's no way you could compare the two as cars in the same class. They target two different demographics.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
The 335i is 500 lbs. lighter than the MKS, for what it's worth.

It boggles the mind... a flagship Lincoln that does 13s and these reviewers bitch about it being slow?

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
QUOTE (soccernamlak @ Jun 6 2009, 12:07 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=730477
Second, there's no way you could compare the two as cars in the same class. They target two different demographics.[/b]
But uh...you were comparing them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts