Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres a list of a few things ive done to the car this year. This weekend is also the BIG car show in NY (not NYC). SO i got get my car nice, nice for this this week. SO i can criuse the Blvd at night and check out all th nice cars and take part in a few races maybe :)

1.Teflon coated brake lines (from ABS mod to all 4 wheels)
2.New SS flex pipe and cleand up SS cat back exhaust & SS MagnaFlow Muffs
3.New gas tank & straps PowderCoated (tank White & straps Black) NEVER RUST AGAIN!!!
4.LightWeight Braille battery 21lbs (freakin thing is SMALL)
5.Mach1 Chin Spolier
6.Bosch o2 Sensors all 4
7.Swaped out sway bars for 24mm 26mm combo w/ Moog bushings
8.Swaped out orig Rear Discs for Vented Rear Disc brakes.
9.Replaced both Valve covers hoses that go to the intake tube (my rubber ones were dry rotting and cracking).

Next thing is to replace the plugs and wires (its been about 2-3 years). Id also like tint on the windows and also like to get and Xcal2 and get soem dyno time before and after the Xcal.
And I got to get my 90 Accord going also. Just needs new brakes. But the freakin rotors are bolted on (not like the Taurus where the rotors slide on the hub) so I KNOW their rusted on something FIERCE. And not legally on the road so i can just drive it to the local garage.

Ill be tring to get some pics up soon of the underbody. Since thats where most of the upgrade and repairs took place this time. I got to clean it all up first :rolleyes2: get that SS exhaust all nice nice.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Wow, that's a lot of cool upgrades! Can't wait to see pictures :)

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Can someone move this into 2010 discussion?

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
Dman has a 98 bull.:)
I think he meant mods in the year 2010.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Dman has a 98 bull.:)
I think he meant mods in the year 2010.
BAHAHAH! Then rename the thread. LOL I've been ignoring it cause I know nothing about the 2010's :lol2:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry about the confusion with the year, yeah i have a 98.
Also I for got to mention i also swaped in some Ingalls adjustable rear control arms. Painted them up a nice gun metal and the adj ends are Black. Looks nice (for now).
Also I had just wire loomed all my new brake lines with nice new Blue iwre loom and blue zip ties. Now I pretty much know its uless to wireloom the brakelines, infatc some may even say Im juust trapping the water and condesation in their. But these new lines they shouldnt rust out anyways, atleast not for a while. And i have lifetime warranty with these lines, so i dont care if they start to go bad.

Im gonna take some pics today, maybe get them pisted tommorw. They wont be oretty shots cause the car is on the ground, I wish I could get it on a lift to ake some nicer pics.

Thanx alot for all the positive comments. Im gonna try and pop in TCCA more often. NOt just 2-3 times a year :D

BAHAHAH! Then rename the thread. LOL I've been ignoring it cause I know nothing about the 2010's :lol2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts