Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic probably has been beat to death here but I cannot find info to help me with the install of a chip. Does anyone know which two wires, out of the five that go to the MAF/IAT sensor, go to the IAT sensor? Description with color codes would be great. This is on a 2010 Taurus SEL with 3.5L V-6. Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
671 Posts
I know this topic probably has been beat to death here but I cannot find info to help me with the install of a chip. Does anyone know which two wires, out of the five that go to the MAF/IAT sensor, go to the IAT sensor? Description with color codes would be great. This is on a 2010 Taurus SEL with 3.5L V-6. Thanks in advance....
You're in the '86 to '07 forums, bud. Try asking in the 5th & 6th gen forums.

·
Super Moderator
8,625 Posts
This isnt one of those Ebay IAT "chips" that is nothing more than a $39 resistor in a box, is it? If so, it is a TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY AND DOESNT DO ANYTHING!!! Anything that will make any difference to performance or fuel economy is going to require custom reflashing the PCM (SCT, etc).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no..... it's a G-Force chip that also changes the timing. I have to also change fuel to premium.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Yes that is 5 cent resistor in a pretty package. No real chip requires you to splice into the MAF or IAT wires. A real chip will require you to plug into the ECU.

You can not reprogram the ECU from the IAT.

Thorw it away or get your money back ASAP.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
no..... it's a G-Force chip that also changes the timing. I have to also change fuel to premium.

That GForce chip is a Piece of **** thats going to ruin your car. Don't do it. Like seriously. If you still chose to use it after all these warnings you're an idiot.

And I mean it.

Might was well throw in a tornado fuel saver and a fuel line magnet if you're gonna belive that bullshit catchall "GForce" Chip

In all seriousness those chips can short out and destroy your computer. So good luck.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Send Paul Nimz a PM. He'll bring life to the 3.5L with an Xcal 3.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Likewise, I've used those before, not worth it. The gains were zilch and further down the road it caused other problems. If you can, return it for a refund now, do anything other than put it on your car. If you want real gains, get an Xcal, you can see more gains than any stupid $.03 resistor in a black box.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts