Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I’m new to this forum and have a shaking problem with my car. It was involved in and accident that bent the rim, knuckle and strut on the passenger front. I have a pretty good shake that’s noticeable above 50mph. I have replaced 3 sets of tires! One pair being used, one winter and one summer pair “new” and have had the tires balanced at least 10 times, replaced strut, lower control arm with presses in ball joint, outter tie rod, kunckle/spindle, rim, cv axle, sway bar link and inner tie rod on the driver side. Still nothing helped the shaking!! I jacked the car up and noticed anything over 25mph it starts shaking with or without the tires mounted, so I thought I had bad rotors. NOPE I took them off also and had the shaking... what can I do to get rid of this shaking?? Any help isn’t greatfully appreciated!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brand new passenger wheel bearing. Right side suspension components are mostly off and literally everything seems perfect.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If the car was involved in an accident that cause damage to the components that you describe, there could possibly more of the frame/ body that is out of kilter to give the symptoms you relate.

You may need to take it to a body shop that has a laser frame-straightening rack to compare your vehicle to mfgr specifications... there could be some part of the support structure for the steering and suspension components that is out of alignment. A competent body shop should have this equipment to check for you and provide a report.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The accident only bent the rim, strut and spindle, but I thought something else was bent or messed up because I felt the vibration at highway speeds. It was on a frame rack and perfectly straight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Jocamo
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing