Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people have replaced the ABS Pump? 2010 Limited started acting up. The pedal with the car off is nice and solid but once the car is on the pedal is soft and have to pump it. Fluid is fine and believe the brakes are fine too but really feels like the ABS Pump issue that I have read about. Will be jacking the car up today to just check the pads and slide pins on all 4 corners but wanted to see if anyone else has seen these issues with the pump?

·
Registered
9,609 Posts
How many people have replaced the ABS Pump? 2010 Limited started acting up. The pedal with the car off is nice and solid but once the car is on the pedal is soft and have to pump it. Fluid is fine and believe the brakes are fine too but really feels like the ABS Pump issue that I have read about. Will be jacking the car up today to just check the pads and slide pins on all 4 corners but wanted to see if anyone else has seen these issues with the pump?
Pump does nothing when your are sitting still or normal driving. Hard to believe it would explain your issues.

-chart-

·
Super Moderator
7,685 Posts
^^^^ +1

ABS pump basically only runs while ABS system is activated.

How do you know the brakes are "fine"? Have you pulled all 4 wheels and carefully inspected them? Could have a failing MC bypassing fluid, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pedal is stiff and does not fall to the floor when car is off. Jacked her up and pulled all four wheels. All four wheels locked solid with brake pedal pressed which leads me to the ABS Pump. Checked MC and booster and I think both of them are fine. Replaced the ABS Pump with a low mileage one and bled the entire system. Brakes are good to go now. It is an odd feeling when the pedal is soft. Normally I would have said the MC or the booster too but after researching it multiple sources said that if the calipher sliders were good and so were the pads then it may be the cause.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
fastcarsspeed
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing