Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears that no one on YouTube (or anywhere else) has posted how to change the headlights on this car. Up to 2008. Plenty of videos, real easy to do. After 2009. Some videos. 2009. Nowhere to be found. After trying to replace them today I begin to see why. According to the owners manual I should be able to just reach in from the back and pull out the old light and plug in the new. Not possible. Starting on the passenger side. Very difficult to even get my hand in there. I can get the rubber cover off the back. Now I need to reach in and somehow with only the tips of my fingers twist out the old bulb. Looks like I need to add a few inches to my fingers fast and possibly another joint on my arm. It appears I also need to remove the washer fluid tank so I can reach in there.
In searching the web the few suggestions I find say the entire front bumper needs to be removed so the entire headlight assembly can be removed from the front. Seems a bit much to replace one light bulb.
Anyone out there actually changed out both headlights on this model? What's the trick to not taking the front of the car apart?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First, thank you for replying and pointing out this video. I did see this video while I was doing research. The problem is the title says 2008-2009 Ford Taurus but the car they are using is a 2008 Mercury Sable. To be fair they do point out the following. We are still working to obtain content for your car, however the video above is believed to have similar characteristics as your car. Turns out it does not have similar characteristics despite what they believe.
I ended up taking the car to my regular mechanic. The good news is they were able to replace the bulb without having to remove the front bumper and grill. I was very happy about that.
Thank you again for your reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts