Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need new wiper blades on my 2008 Taurus X. They have an unusual mounting bracket that you squeeze to remove rear pins from wiper arm.
They look like Lattitude blades - single blade no pivit points on the blade itself except in the center. Looked at several brands, Michelin, Rainex etc. and could not find one with the bracket that is on the OEM blades.
Don't want to pay a fortune at the stealership. Considered removing the pin on OEM blades and trying to use mounting bracket on
another blade but its raining today and I cant affort to screw up existing blades even if they are streaking. Who makes a decently priced replacement blade which will fit on the wiper arm?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had to go to the Ford dealer and get the Motorcraft wipers ($19), the Bosh wipers ($24) i purchased from parts store just smeared the water and flopped around at highway speed. The Motorcraft wipers are solid made and remove the water from my windshield.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Kinda late, but... I got mine at Walmart for $13 a piece. There were only two choices, Bosch or Michelin... I think. I think it's the more expensive aftermarket ones that come with the correct adapter.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the Trico Flex blades at AdvanceAuto

I see this post is old, but the Trico Flex blades will work with your Taurus X as well as some of the beam blade Rain-X blades.
Happened to be on sale but paid about $30 for both. WOW. They should have gold bars in them for that price. Without sale were almost $20 each.
Should be good for another 3 years. MAYBE.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am having the same problem with the Motorcraft wipers that i had with the Bosh. They just flop around on my windshield leaving a very thin sheet of moisture on the glass making it very hard to see thru, it is worst with a light rain. I have cleaned the windshield with three different glass cleaners and it does not help. Does anyone have any ideas i can try ?

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
the problem is the wind gets under it. i had this problem with my 93 shadow. i had to replace the arms every 2 yrs because the spring tension wore out.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
i got them from a local family owned parts store the arms was 10 each plus the new blades. i know on the 02 taurus i just worked on i got the arms for $32 for both side from auto zone. i think it was motormite brand. opppsss make that $42 dayum fingers dont want to work right today

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
lol... i wish i could blame the keyboard. I have 2 hand surgeries coming up. hoping it fixes the issue i have. stupid carpel tunnel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.