Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit a deer in my 08 Taurus X. These are hard to find around me in salvage yards. What other Ford's can I use to sub parts for it? I need a hood and core support. Can I just use a regular 08 Taurus parts? I love this car and an wanna get it back to normal. Thanks any help.

·
Registered
184 Posts
As an owner of a Taurus X, I can empathize. I don't have the answer to your question, but will be following and please post what you learn.

I recently needed to find a replacement side view mirror. I searched all the salvage yard inventory websites for this area and found one in a pick and pull about 30 minutes away. Inventory just said they had a Taurus X and no photo or indication of it's condition, but I got lucky and found what I needed. There were a couple others about an hour or so drive away. LKQ has a good website for their inventory nation wide.

Glad to know you're ok, and the vehicle wasn't damaged too bad. The owner we bought ours from said they had previously owned another Taurus X and were in a head-on which would have been catastrophic in many vehicles but they were very well protected, so they bought another one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts