Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m having a hard time choosing a new (for me) car. I currently drive a loaded 2003 Impala LS. The Impala has served me well with over 345k kms of trouble free driving. I like a large car as I am relatively tall at 6’2” with long legs and I have also grown accustomed to all the amenities of a loaded car (heated seats, sunroof, leather etc).

My current short list is a 2008 Ford Taurus Limited or a 2007 Cadillac DTS, both cars can be had at similar prices on the used market but I am really having a hard time deciding. I test drove the Ford and liked it but I can’t get over the fact that the car is Ford Taurus. On paper the Ford looks better but I won’t really know until I test drive it. Please help me decide?

DTS Cons
-No fold down seats (this is almost a deal breaker for me as I use the fold down seats a lot in my Impala)
-Stereo not as fancy as the Ford Sync system
-Uses premium fuel and parts are more expensive

DTS Pros
-It’s a Cadillac

If I compare the Northstar V8 in a Caddy DTS (275 hp @ 6000 rpm 295 lb·ft @ 4400 rpm) to the 3.5L V6 Duratec in the Ford Taurus (263 hp at 6250 rpm and 249 lb·ft at 4500 rpm ) the two look comparable on paper, but will I notice a big difference in driving the Northstar?

·
Registered
367 Posts
FWD drive taurus is like 3650 lbs and the DTS is around 4000 lbs

·
Registered
23 Posts
Taurus vs Dts

I just did a check for my area, the Ford can run between 5000 to 7000 cheaper than the Cad. Both are front drive, so that is not an issue. Price may be a factor i guess. I own a 2008 Taurus Limited, it is a nice car. Drove a 2008 DTS before the taurus purchase. DTS is a nice car had everything, power rear shade, heated and cooled seats, (Heat in rear only i believe), nav the whole bit. Cad is probably more car, but the no interest on the new taurus vs. interest on the used cad was difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts