Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 limited taurus with the sync system and subwoofer. I was looking on ebay at ford factory Navigation units. could i just take my radio unit out and install the nav unit? Would sync still work? Would I need to program the nav unit at all? anyone try this????

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I can guarantee you that no one on this forum will have this answer. There aren't too many people here with Sync, let alone many people with a Gen V.

You might want to try the Navigator forums...they might have a better idea...

JR

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Iam finding that out fast, the forums for the older taurus/sables was great, WE NEED MORE GEN V LOVERS....

·
Registered
58 Posts
I can tell you first hand that if you're car was not equipped from factory with nav, you CAN NOT buy a factory ford nav unit and swap it with your radio unit. I work at a Ford dealership and once had a customer try to do this with his 2007 F-150. It would not program properly, not play through half of the speakers, subwoofer was inop, and of course nav didn't work either. I was then told by Ford technical Hotline that "all modules work on the vehicles network, and are programmed a certain way. If you want nav, you either purchase the vehicle with factory nav, or get a portable unit as you can't just swap units."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts