Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Taurus SEL and I would like to hardwire my new dashcam to the inside fuse panel using a mini fuse tap. Like I have normally done on other cars, I just find an existing fuse that has switched power when the ignition is turned on so the dashcam goes off automatically when car is turned off. I tried like eight of the obvious fuses, like windows or radio fuses, and it seems that all of the fuses all have power when the ignition is off. Seemed crazy to me that this is the case, but I come to find out maybe this is more common than I thought. Does anyone know which fuse might have switched power only? It seems I could not find any answers for this 2008 Taurus on other threads. If there are no switched power fuses, is there another easy method I can try to get switched power? I have attached a picture of the fuse panel and fuse diagram from owner's manual.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
When I did mine, I used a test light to find one that wasn't powered until the car was turned on. All the ones I used in other cars were hot when I tried them in the Taurus. So that might be worth a try,

·
Super Moderator
8,277 Posts
Are you using a test light or a DMM? Always use a test light when checking power circuits.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I will get a test light and test all the fuses. I will have to wait til this coming weekend to get my hands on the same car (my son has it!) I will update this post if I find the exact fuse that has no power with key off. Hopefully there is one, but I am thinking there may not be one since I tried eight of the obvious ones I thought that would have no power with ignition off. Thanks, and I will update post accordingly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
More then likely your finding hot fuses because most of the functions are controlled by relays and the GEM/body control module through the use of switching the ground. You can more then likely find a fuse under the hood that will work for this or tap the acc wire coming from the ignition switch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts