Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m trying to fix a rough idle in my 92 yo aunt’s 2008 Sable. No codes, torque mount replaced, throttle body cleaned. If this vehicle has an ICV please let me know location. I’ve spent a lot of time looking for one. Auto stores no help. Not sure this car has one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did that. They don’t have one. I’m wondering if this 08 Sable has one. I can’t find it if it does.

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
I believe it is a drive by wire system. No mechanical connection between gas pedal and throttle body. Throttle plate is opened/closed by a fast stepper motor which also controls idle speed.

Reactions: sheila

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Jeff. I agree. No throttle cable, no idle adjust screw. I guess I need a Ford scan tool just to adjust the idle speed. With no codes set I still don’t know why it has a rough idle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have several of them. The problem is they don’t allow you to change computer settings unless you spend a lot of money for one. Most consumer scan tools will only read the Required by law EPA emission Codes and some mfg specific ones. Hard to believe I can’t adjust the idle on this car on my own.

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
Check out Forscan. Many of us here use it. Free download for PC. As close to a dealer level scan tool as you will find unless you spend BIG $$$. Forscan allows you to change various parameters in all the modules. The only other thing you need is an ELM327 OBDII interface. I suggest you get one that has the MS CAN switch on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info. I checked Forscan out. I already have OBDLink software, OBDLink MX+, OBDLink EX and the correct ELM as well as extended codes for my Lexus. I’m still not sure Forscan even the extended version will allow changes to car parameters such as idle change. Has anyone actually adjusted their idle with this software?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts