Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started doing some open road racing with my 2008 taurus. If I want to go in the 115 mph class, I need two things that I don't have yet. First is VR tires - I can change from my 17" wheels to 18" and have many VR tire choices. But what I am unsure about is a harness bar. It needs to feed the harness about even with my shoulders or only with a depression of 15 degrees. I don't know if I should put one in the trunk and feed the harness under the seat backs (Long way and more like a 30 degree depression) or put one across the car right behind the front seats (then could not recline in future).
Thoughts?
David

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question, but I had an 08 and am very curious as to how you got it in shape for racing with the type of transmissions Ford put in that gen Taurus.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a Hayden 689 transmission cooler added and flushed the transmission fluid.
David
I think that I found a universal harness bar that will work in my 2008. NRG HBR-003 50.5" Bar. Will work to get it installed in September.
Working towards a track training weekend for my driver.
David

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looked up that belt sliding mount in the service manual and there is not going to be a good way to mount the harness bar. Will have to go to a different car in a few years to go above 124.
David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts